she had to believe us....

"Sorry, I just wanted to make sure everything was... Okay."luke speaks wondering over towards us."you alright?" he asks looking at moms frantic face.

at the sight of luke mom stands up grabbing his hands.

"Is it true? Is Jonathan alive?"she asks frantically looking into his eyes.

"I couldn't believe it either at first."luke tells her shaking his head.

"Hey, guys. "simon speask wondering over too.

lary stands up but i remain sat down.

"Simon."mom speaks frowning seeing him approach.

"Hey, Mrs. F. Good to see you on your feet again. You look great... Considering the coma situation."he says chuckiling awkkwardly

"What're you doing here?" she asks looking at him confused.

oh shit yeah....

"Um... It's kind of a long story." he mutters glancing between me and clary and luke.

"So, um, a lot... A lot happened while you were away."clary speaks catching moms attention.

"Yeah."simon sighs.

"Like what?" mom asks slwoly she reaches out and touches simons face making him smile and show his fangs.

"You're a vampire." she says slowly looking at him.

my phone beeps in my pocket making me pull it out.its alec.

"We have to get to the ops center, right now." i say quikly standing up showing my phone to clary who nods.

arriving we quickly step threw the crowd until we reach izzy and lydia

 i look around seeing alec stood further back in the crowd but no magnus...

somethings up...

"We are at war."a maryse speaks stood at the front of the crowd on a stage."Valentine now has the Mortal Cup, with which he is, no doubt, raising a new army, and one of our own has joined him."she tells everyone

"Looks like the queen's taking back her kingdom."izzy mutters next to me.

"As a result, the Clave has declared a state of emergency at the Institute. Their first priority is to replace the current leadership, who they have deemed wholly ineffectual."maryse says making me look at lydia and see her smile sarcastically."It is an honor to introduce the newly appointed head of the New York Institute, Clave representative, Victor Aldertree."she speaks before gestering behind her.

maryse walks away slightly allowing the new head of this institue to step in place.

"Did you know about this?"alec suddenly whispersto izzy makingme jump slightly as he appeared out of nowhere.

"No. But maybe this is why Dad went back to Idris." izzy whispers back looking straight forwards.

"Maryse went behind my back."lydia mutters her eyes straing at the new head.

" My fellow Shadowhunters. It's an honor to be here with you all. We have to find Jace Wayland. He's a Shadowhunter, and we don't leave our people behind." the guy speaks making me smile slightly.

at least he cares.

"The answer to his location may very well lie in this room. So, I wanna speak with everyone who went on a mission where Jace disappeared."he says making me look at alec over my shoulder.

he nods at me making me sigh and turn back to the front.

"One last thing. Effective immediately, the Institute is on lockdown. But it's only temporary.Let's turn this institute around." he says smiling at everyone before walking away.

everyone begins to chat before disapearing leaving me and clary and mom and dad and luke and izzy and alec stood there

"Wait, if we're on lockdown, who's out there looking for Jace?"clary asks turning to izzy.

"We'll think of something. Don't worry." i say putting my hand on her shoulder before looking at alec.

"come on" he mouth to making me look over my shoulder at clary seeing her stood with everyone else i slip away with alec.  

"what do i do if he wants to speak to me?" i say playing with my fingers."i mean if i tell the truth are we screwed?" i ask him stopping our walking looking up at him concered.

"it'll be fine" he says grabbing my hand making me sigh,.

we began walking again and i notice the lack of warlock around us.

"where's magnus?" i ask frowning glancing at alec.

he doesnt reply straight away instead i watch as he looks away from me instead.

"are you two okay?" i ask him slowly.

"i dont know gracie..."he sighs before dropping my hand leaving me stood there.

wtf happened between them two?