𝗢𝗖|𝟯𝟭.

Start from the beginning

"My boyfriend went on a retreat for his mental health while I stayed here. Shortly after he left I fell into a dark place, I felt alone and didn't know what to do with myself."

"Have you ever been depressed before?"

"Yes, I was diagnosed with depression when I was twelve shortly after my parents passed."

"What was your relationship like with your parents?" Eliana asked, sitting her notepad down and looking at Sade.

"I don't want to talk about that."

"That's totally okay, we'll come back to it, do you have any close family members?"

"No, just my sister and I. It's been us since I was twelve and she gotten legal custody over me. I have an adoptive brother since last year as well." Eliana nodded her head.

"How is your relationship with your boyfriend?"

"Rocky. We've never been this bad. After he came back a few weeks ago we just haven't been getting along at all. We don't talk to each other, sleep in the same room, or when we do it's only about the baby." Sade said, pointing towards her big round belly.

"Has that effected you in a negative or positive way?"

"Negative way. I wouldn't say I'm sad I'm numb to it. I feel like he doesn't care as much as I do and it used to be the other way around. I've always cared about him though it's never been like "oh I don't care about him." I love him with all of my heart." Sade said, looking up at the ceiling to keep herself from crying.

"He's changed, like a lot, I don't know if I should be happy for him or angry because he isn't the same."

"You said it used to be the other way around, what did you mean by that?"

"I didn't care about him as much, I wouldn't allow myself to care for another man. I didn't want to get hurt again, the men in my life haven't always stuck around. They either died, went away and we lost contact or were abusive."

"Well I have some homework for you. I want you to create a list of of everything that's been bothering you. I also have a gift." Eliana pulled out a notepad and a pen.

"It's for you to write down your thoughts even if you don't want to talk to me and each visit you can either allow me to read it or you read what you wrote to me." Eliana said softly handing Sade the note pad.

"Even if you have to dig list everything that is or has been bothering you."

"Thank you."

"You're very welcome, see you next week and, congratulations by the way!" She said before sade walked out the door.

"So how did it go?" Jasmine handed Sade the ice cream before sitting down at a booth.

"It was something, quite short too. I don't even know how these work. Are the meetings supposed to be short?"