Senior Year

————/————

————/————

One year later

I swipe at the giant wolf, roaring like a maniac. He's got his arms on Scott, trying to choke him. It's no use. He anticipates my every move and I'm running out of energy fast. Every time I try to strike, he squeezes Scott's neck tighter. Stiles, Malia and Liam are running towards us, but they're too late- Scott is already in deep trouble. Kira and another werewolf who I don't recognize are on the floor, and two hits later, so am I. I cough as I land on the wet ground, inhaling the scent of salt and gravel.

The only sounds I can hear are Scott's choking noises and the ear piercing thudding of rain on cement.
Breathing in and out loudly and quickly, I stand up, and so does Kira and the boy. We all pant, knowing that whoever is killing Scott is too strong for us to manage.
Scott's head goes limp for a split second, and my heart stops.

And then his eyes glow bright red. His expression becomes terrifying.
The true alpha, I think.

He gets off of his knees and rises, despite the werewolf's firm hold on him. Scott grabs the attacker's arm and pries it off of him with such a force that it breaks. The image of the bone bulging out of the man's arm sends a shiver down my spine.

As the enemy howls in pain, Scott rips the talons out of his chest and tosses them aside. He's won. He always, always wins.
"I don't know who you are, or what you thought you were going to do." Scott warns. "But I'll give you a choice; you can stay and I'll break something else, or you can run."
The man looks to his right, his chest still rising and falling rapidly. He's looking directly at Stiles now.
"I'd run." Stiles suggests.

And he does. With one final roar, he springs up from his knees and runs away, still clutching his broken arm.

We're all frozen for a couple of seconds, but we all seem to notice it at the same time; the boy. All of us move to one direction, facing him. I eye him up and down suspiciously, but he's only looking at Scott.
As he sees all of us waiting for him to say something, he smiles and gazes at the floor while taking a step towards us.

"You don't remember me, do you?" he asks. None of us answer.
"I guess I look a little different since the fourth grade," he admits. A spark of recognition ignites in Scott's eyes.
"Theo?" he asks and sounds as if he's in disbelief. The boy, Theo, smiles and nods his head.
"You know him?" Malia demands in her usual clueless tone.
"He used to." Theo confirms. "Trust me, I never thought I'd see you guys again."

I wonder why he's here, but what he says next answers my question.

"A couple months ago I heard of an alpha in Beacon Hills," he explains. "When I found out his name was Scott McCall... I just couldn't believe it. Not just an alpha, but a true alpha."
Scott nods his head in a humble way. "What do you want?"
"I'm back in Beacon Hills. Back home with my family."
Again, we wait for him to add something, and he does.