Living With A Police Officer Chapter Twenty Three

Start from the beginning

“Things that are more important then your sister?” I glare at the wall.

I’m pissed with Raina, but I don’t want to do or say anything that might ruin her relationship with Mony, even if it isn’t a good one. In all honesty, I want Mony to forgive her and let her back into her life, it could be just the thing Mony needs to fix her life. I don’t want to do anything to jeopardize that possibility.

“Things that could hurt her if I stayed” Raina hisses, her face a mixture of sadness and anger.

My face softens slightly. This changes things a little. She didn’t leave on account of heartbreak, or maybe she did. But whatever she left for, she left to protect Mony. I respect her a little more for that.

“You ever going to tell Mony those reasons?” I question, playing with Mony’s ring finger.

“When she’s no longer in danger” Raina whispers, glancing out the window.

Mony is still in danger? What for? Is it something Raina did? I need to know so I can keep her safe.

“Raina I know I might be intruding but if Mony’s safety is in danger, you need to tell me what it is?” I beg desperately.

Raina shakes her head, “Now is not the time Drew”

“Please….”

Raina cuts me off with a glare, “I said no, now tell me, what happened to my sister?”

I slump slightly against the bed defeated and worried sick. Mony was in danger on account of Raina possibly, and I have no idea what kind of danger it is. That means there’s no way I can keep her safe without turning into a body guard. Whatever, if it keeps Mony away from danger, then I’m treading in my Police uniform for a body guard’s.

“She fainted” I murmur, peppering tiny kisses along her knuckles.

Raina’s face snaps up to mine, confusion clouding her features. “What? Harmony never faints, something must’ve caused it”

I nod, “Something did, but what that is, I don’t know; only Mony does”

The room grows silent. Raina fixes the sheets on the bed, trying to make Mony more comfortable as I hold on to Mony’s hand, wishing for her to wake up.

Suddenly Raina’s voice pierces through the silence, “You love her, don’t you?”

My fingers halt their pattern drawing on Harmony’s palm. Slowly I raise my eyes to hers. “L-Love? I don’t think I’m there yet”

Raina sighs, rolling her eyes, “Yes you are, I can see it in your eyes, and your body language. The way you look at her, the way your body is centered, or blocking hers from danger, you love her and she loves you, I saw you two at the party”

My body freezes again. Mony loves me? No, that’s not possible. Mony is way too good for me, there is no way. I open my mouth to disagree with the Mony loving me part, not so much about the me loving her part. Maybe I do love her, but I don’t even know where that kiss left us. I didn’t have time to ask. But Raina cuts me off with a loud groan.