I wanted to throw my phone out when it buzzed again, but when I saw the caller ID, it wasn't Coulson like I'd expect it to be.

I picked up whilst I tried to keep my hands steady and my nerves in check.

'Agent Y/n, I have some news', she says with an added sigh and I clutch my phone tighter, that wasn't good news, 'she only has a couple of hours, if you'd like to vis...', she began as I nod.

'I'll be there in an hour, keep me updated until then', I cut her off and after a short reply, I hang up and walked over to the meeting room, grabbed the monitor, and called for Coulson.

When he appeared, sat behind his desk with a pile of files in front of him, I put it down, 'I have to leave the compound for a couple of hours, but I just wanted to let you know first', I said, cutting straight to the chase and skipping the formalities.

'Why are you leaving', he asked whilst putting the felt pen he was using down, stands from his seat and walks around the desk, 'it's for a personal day, I don't usually ask, but it's an emergency and I just need a couple of hours', I said, I don't take time off, I'm always on call but this time, I needed to and it was only right.

'Okay, but you take someone with you', he says as I shake my head a little, 'I don't need anyone to go with me', I said.

'It's the matter of security and there are hydra personnel still out there and I can't take the risk of them capturing you again', he says as I sigh, I knew I wouldn't win this argument, like all the other times, he'd win in favour of protecting me and I had no choice but to comply after an argument, only this time I caved sooner so I could skip the wasted time I won't get back, 'tell Nat and Steve to go with you', he says as I nod.

________

I arrived at the care home with Nat, Steve and Bucky, who for some reason wanted to tag along, I was okay with just two, but three was a crowd and I honestly didn't want to argue due to it wasting time so I just let it go.

The door flew opened and a gush of antiseptic was the first to hit my senses when I stepped inside and looked over at the front desk with two nurses already occupied behind it and talking about each others lives which I zoned out off and looked at the mood boards on top of their heads, they had new activities and games the people could do whilst they stayed in the care facilities.

On the other wall, I also noticed the mountain of photos, stockpiling on top of each with both the workers and the patience that resided here.

'Agent Y/L/n', I heard as look over and see the blond with her hair slicked back, ivory skin, blue eyes, her nails freshly manicured and the blue rags one would wear if they were a nurse, 'come, I'll take you over', she says whilst moving the little sliding door and we walk over.

I didn't want to ask how bad it was, I just wanted to be there for her, like she was for me and I just wanted to make her feel better, even though I probably know it won't do much for her.

'Here we are, you can go in', she says as I nod and open the door then walk in.

She kept it the way I put everything for her, the fresh daisies on the entry way table with a basket beneath it, a brown armchair that swung around, an orange couch leaning against the other wall even though I told her it didn't go with the colour scheme she was trying to achieve but she insisted and told me that she'd want whatever she wanted in her space and I just refrained from rolling my eyes at her, she wouldn't be pleased about that anyway.

The tv hung on the wall with a black screen, she never watched anything beside the news but she liked having it there so she could fill the room with noice and she didn't feel completely alone.