04 | shameless ghost

“C'mon Kai, I said sorry.”

My apologies did nothing to get rid of the frown on Kai's face. He was upset with me for knocking him unconscious and he chose to show his anger by acting like a baby and refusing to talk to me.

He sat there, on my bed, his legs crossed and with his hands on his forehead. He had been sitting like that ever since I woke up. I had a shower and when I came out dressed in my bathrobe, he was still in the same position and I had to apologize, reluctantly.

"Kai, please talk to me. I need to know what I should do to free you from me!" I tugged at his arm and he looked at me as I sat beside him, copying his position.

His eyebrows pinched together as he studied my appearance. My hair was drenched from the shower and the droplets fell on my robe. A small smug took his face and his hand extended to tuck a strand of my hair behind my ear, making me roll my eyes.

"Novi, how can I be upset when you're this close and dressed like that," he said but before he could pull me towards him, I got up.

He blushed...again.

"Are you going to tell me what I have to do to get rid of you?"

A smile took his lips as he planted his feet on the floor and parted his knees to hold me in between. His hands went to my waist and my hand reached up to give a hard slap against his cheek, again.

"Damn it, Novi!" he groaned as he rubbed his cheek.

"Touch me again...I'll rip your face off!"

I walked towards my closet and opened it to search for an attire. My cupboard was full and there were so many clothes to choose from which made me moan in frustration.

"You're pretty cool, Novi. I didn't know my personality would look that hot on you."

I turned around to look at him and found him lying on my bed, propped on one of his elbows.

"I can't wait to get rid of it," I remarked, turning back to my closet. "However, I'm pretty excited to take advantage of your personality to get under the radar of Andrew Declan."

I heard him scoff. "You don't just have to take advantage of my personality. If you want, I can let you take advantage of me in very different ways. Something more...intimate?"

I rolled my eyes and picked up an outfit. I walked to my floor-length mirror and held the dress over my body to test my appearance.

"How does this look?" I asked, absentmindedly.

"Stop seducing me, Novi!"

I stood amused at his words and raised an eyebrow, meeting his eyes in the mirror. He had a lazy smile playing on his lips and that made me smirk.

If Kai Jones was obsessed with me then Andrew was nothing.

"Get out! I need to change."

In a swift move, Kai was down the bed and walked towards me. He stopped and stood behind me, facing the mirror.

It was then that I noticed the color of my eyes. They weren't dark brown anymore, they were turquoise.

I gasped and the dress dropped to the floor. I covered my mouth with my palms as chills trickled down my spine. Kai leaned down and placed his chin over the crown of my head.

"Surprised?"

"Oh my God! This isn't funny, Kai. What will my parents say?" I exclaimed and he turned me by my shoulders to face him. He held my hands and brought them to his lips, surprising me when he placed a kiss on them.