Second Chances

"How do they get out?" Audrey demanded, looking around the room. All the villains shrugged confusedly, looking at each other as well, trying to figure out who gets to leave other than Mal. "Do they use their weird magic?"

"We probably just break the barrier and kill you all. Chill out," Hades yelled across the room, throwing a piece of popcorn into his mouth.

"How'd you get that?" Carlos asked, realizing how hungry he was.

"I'm a god, remember?" He reminded them.

"You can use your magic?" Fairy Godmother asked.

Hades nodded, trying to scare them, until Merlin came back in the room, holding multiple bags of popcorn and throwing them at everyone.

"How is it possible that you're going to be crowned king next month? You're just a baby!"

"He's like 64," Uma said dramatically.

"He's turning 16, dear."

"Same difference," She grumbled.

Ben tried to talk to his dad but the Beast kept talking, "16? That's far too young to be crowned king. I didn't make a good decision until I was at least 42."

"It's your government. Why did you make him king at 16?" Celia asked, confused, but rolled her eyes when no one answered her question.

"Uh, you decided to marry me at 28."

"Ah, it was either you or a teapot. Kidding."

The villains all snickered at the insult causing Belle to glare at them. "You could have always married my dad," Gil shrugged before the Royal couple realized his father was Gaston.

On-screen, Ben tried getting his parent's attention before being pulled back by the man who was taking his measurements. "I've chosen my first official proclamation. I've decided that the children on the isle of the lost be given a chance to live here in Auradon."

Everyone stared at him in shock; many choking on the popcorn they had in their mouths. "What?" They said collectively.

"Benny boo, that's the dumbest idea you've ever had," Audrey said in a faux-sweet voice.

"No, it's a great idea." Maleficent screeched towards the prince causing them all to jump.

"If she agrees, you know it's bad," His father whispered to him.

"Every time I look out to the island, I feel like they've been abandoned."

"Yeah, that's why it's called the isle of 'the lost'," Mal reminded him. The point was that they were supposed to feel abandoned, was it not?

"The children of our sworn enemies, living among us?"

"I take back what I said, this movie'll be good," Uma cackled and the villains nodded.

"We're gonna die," Jane whispered.

"We start out with a few at first, only the ones who need our help the most. I've already chosen them."

All the VKs leaned forward expectantly, waiting to see who got to go to Auradon. Some of them couldn't think of anything more dreadful than having to live in the land of endless joy but no one could ignore the benefits the kingdom brought.

On-screen Beast denounced the idea before Belle advocated for her son. "Who are their parents?"

"Cruella De Vil..."

Carlos and Cruella both looked at each other. She placed her arms around his shoulder, holding him back into his chair as if keeping him away from the foreign land.

"Jafar..."

"You're not taking my son," He threatened, voice rising in temper until Jay coaxed him off the ledge, trying to ignore his feelings of being sent away from his home.

"Evil Queen..."

Evie let out a scared squeal, grabbing a hold of her mother's hand. Her mother rubbed her knuckles while glaring towards the royal side of the room. Dizzy squealed excitedly, telling Evie how lucky she was. Evie smiled trying to hide her fear with a fake smile.

"and Maleficent."

Mal wanted to smirk at the fear that her mother's name brought to the members of Auradon, knowing her own status in the kingdom would be acknowledged. But couldn't quite bring herself to do so, so she chose to sulk in her chair quietly instead.

"Maleficent? She is the worst villain in the land!"

"Thank you," Maleficent dramatically mocked a bow, ignoring her daughter's sour expression.

"Dad, just hear me out here!"

"I won't hear of it. They are guilty of unspeakable crimes."

"Dad, their children are innocent."

"I wouldn't say innocent," Mal laughed, trying her best to lighten the mood.

"Don't you think they deserve a shot at a normal life? Dad?"

"No, but it'll be fun to watch these 4 lassies get shipped away." Harry laughed and Uma tried to dismiss the feeling that curled up deep inside of her chest. That should be her and her crew trying to destroy the world, not them.

"I suppose their children are innocent."

"I doubt they've done anything innocent in their lives," Audrey remarked.

" Well, well done. Shall we"

"We're not going," Mal informed the room and the group nodded.

"Yes you are," Maleficent snapped, but it was ignored.

"What do you mean you're not going?" Ben asked confused.

"She means they're ungrateful and don't want to come. That sucks. Oh well, it wasn't nice knowing you," Audrey waved at them before trying to stand out of her chair only to be pulled back down.

"You guys would rather be on the isle than in Auradon?" Chad asked bewildered. Not that he wanted them in Auradon but who would choose that trash island over anything else? "Why?" He asked when they nodded.

"Why would we want to?" Mal asked, "Other than safety. And fresh food and water."

"And Swimming pools," Dizzy added excitedly.

"And I won't have to see you," Uma grumbled.

"Plus good schools and better homes," Carlos interjected.

"Fine, so there's a lot of pros. But we'd have to leave the place we grew up in. Leave our turf..." Mal tried to think of more reasons.

"Our friends." Evie smiled at Dizzy.

"And having to deal with the preppies hating us," Carlos said motioning towards the judgeful group.

"They make a good point," Doug said, easing his hands in defense when Chad hit him on the shoulder.

"Well, why don't we just see what happens?" Merlin said from his seat in the back, opposite of Hades.

"Can't wait," Mal responded dryly.
...