Chapter 69 - Winter eyes

Start from the beginning

She could hear the raspy breathing coming from Arabella, sweat was suddenly starting to form on her brow and her eyes were becoming drowsy. Bedelia felt the sudden worry for the queen who looked like she was about to collapse any second

"Your majes-" before Bedelia get to say anything Arabella had immediately collapsed falling from her chair and onto the hard marble tiles.

"YOUR MAJESTY!"

"What is the condition of her majesty the queen?" Bedelia questioned the royal physician, her hands were trembling from the stress and her red eyes reflecting the ounce of worry. Carlos sighed pushing his glasses up that had fell down to his nose. "Her majesty has been skipping her meals lately and staying up all night." He explained averting his silver eyes to the sleeping queen laying soundly on her huge bed.

"It has taken a great toll on her health" Bedelia clenched the hem of dress praying to the Gods above that it was not a risk to the queen's life. "But it's not crucial. She will feel better in a few days after having better rest and eating well"

"I see, what about Benjamin? Is he doing better?"

Carlos avoided eye contact with the princess, his face dropping to the floor hiding away the guilt building in his eyes. "I apologise your highness, but his condition is far from our hands"

Bedelia clenched her jaw, the fury anger revealing through her eyes as she fisted her hands. "You call yourselves healers, yet you can't figure out what is wrong with the prince. Are you even doing your job? or have you given up because you can't be bothered to figure it yourselves" she hissed.

The angry flame that surrounded Bedelia made the physician bow down quickly, his body shaking violently. "y-your m-majesty I apologise for disappointing you. But we are doing the best we can however Benjamin's condition is unknown to all of us" Carlos was in a stuttering mess, trying to keep himself from getting burned by the furious princess.

"These excusers are weak just like you. If you cannot do something so simple, then get out of my sight. I will find someone who will replace your ignorant selves" she span furiously, her dress swaying behind her as marched her way to the door, the royals guards opening the giant doors for her.

Carlos was left alone with the queen, his body had failed him and dropped on a nearby chair. The beads of sweat falling down his brow down his cheeks resembling the fear he pursued from the fury of the princess of Drakon, Carlos could hear his own heartbeat in his ears loud and quick.

If only he was more knowledgeable.

~Taivas, Ventus~

The princess marched through the beautiful city of Taivas with her royal guards following behind. Their glittering red and silver armour reflected the rays of sun blinding anyone that looked at it, the sounds of metal boots hitting the ground rattled their armour. The civilians made sure to make way for the incoming princess that didn't seem to be in a good mood and her terrifying well-built guards that followed her.

Walking through, she suddenly came to a slow pace as she started to realise her foolish remark earlier. Where was she going to found a physician who knows how to cure Benjamin? And how long does she have until it's too late?

Bedelia couldn't come up with anything on the spot but maybe shopping and looking around could help her give her some ideas. Going with that idea, the red-haired princess made her way to the famous dress store in Taivas, the place that sold the best quality and beautiful designed dresses in the whole kingdom.