Chapter 29 - Stubborn Fox

Homura's amber eyes gazed upon her icy blue orbs, baffled at what was happening in front of him. Her smile warmed his little pounding heart, never had he felt human kindness from her. He was always hunted down by hunters, kicked, or had stones thrown at him but never had he have a human take care of him in such way.

Her palm was warm upon his head. Homura didn't want her to take her hand off his head, liking the warm sensation it was sending.

By feeling the warm palm on his head thoughts of his dear mother came pouring in his mind, those bright orange eyes of hers laying eyes on the amber eyes of her youngest cub but to be disturbed by arrows coming from all directions.

He snapped out of his angry daze, wriggling his head away from the palm that laid on top of his head.

"Tch, I don't need your stinky name. I don't even want to be in the presence of a vile human" he snarled again.

"I don't care whether want the name or not but I'm going to call you Homura until you get better" she crossed her hands stubbornly; she didn't care what the fox thought or said he was injured and leaving him here would mean death for the innocent snobby creature.

Homura stared at her in confusion. "Excuse me" he said. He didn't know what this human was planning but he was very cautious.

Artemis rested her cheek on her palm, grinning at the baffled fox "You can't fend for yourself injured like that can you".

A silent growl escaped his lips. He couldn't argue with that statement. Homura wouldn't be able to hunt or fend for himself in the state his in now.

"So, I will be taking you with me until your able to walk and hunt for yourself".

The orange fox growled under his breath, disliking the idea of staying with a human until his paw gets better neither did, he feel he should trust her.

"How should I know that your not going to take me to humans, kill me and skin me for my fur" he said.

Artemis chuckled at his cautiousness; he was a smart fox.

Homura was offended by her laugh, he hadn't said anything funny to her so why was she suddenly laughing at him.

"Mate you think to much" She stood swiping the dust of her back side then to walk towards Homura.

Homura lifted himself up, barley. Artemis bent down at the growling fox.

"What are you up to? stay back" he snarled. Artemis stretched out her hands to pick him up, but he bit back resulting her to move her hands away. "Stay back human or I will bite" he warned.

Artemis wasn't having any of it. It was either follow behind the limping fox and waste a whole day or pick him and run to the town while building up her stamina.

"Homura stop being a cub and let me carry you" Artemis said impatiently getting ready to pounce on him.

"I absolutely refuse" he replied back to her with a snare, bearing his teeth at her again as he was ready to dodge her.

"I don't like asking twice Homura. Get in my arms and let me carry you"

"My name is not Homura, and it never will be. I don't have a name and I will never have one" he barked.

"Ok that's it. I had enough with your snobby attitude" Artemis lounged herself on him. Homura squeaked loudly moving out of the way barely missing Artemis causing the cloak bandaged around his paw to turn crimson red. He winced in pain staggering back in pain.

She missed him by a mere second, falling onto the grass.

"You sneaky little fox" She smirked wiping the dirt from her cheek then to get on all fours. Homura predatorial amber eyes glared at Artemis' icy blue eyes who glared back. Both glared at each other in competition of who was going to win this fight.

"You dumb fox, your messing with an assassin"

"You filthy, vile, and greedy female human, let me go this instant. This is going against my will" Homura wrestled within her arms trying to get free.

"mmno" she tried to speak but Homura's paw was pushing her face away from his. She tried to speak again but his paw was in the way. She quickly grew irritated by him.

"*Nom*" Artemis bit the paw that was shoving her face away making him cry out. "AHHH"

"What was that for" he growled at her. "Buckle up" she had mischief smirk across her face.

Homura looked at her with terrified eyes at what kind of idea was going through the humans head. "What are you g-" Artemis didn't let him finish and bolted off, running at full speed.

The poor fox in her arms was screaming his lungs out, curling into a ball for dear life.

"YOU CRAZY HUMAN"

Artemis came to a stop, letting herself catch some breath. Huffing and puffing, her cheeks were red from the heat and her throat tasted like blood. 'It would take a while to catch up with my former stamina'.

The fox however was already dead inside. "I want my mummy" he mumbled unconsciously.

"We are nearly there" Artemis said under her puffed up breath, her legs were aching already and wanted to fall off and run away from the woman who abused them.

"I knew it." his eyes widened in realisation. "You just wanted me for my beautiful fur" He narrowed his eyes at her, poking her cheek as he said those words. "Help! HELP! Any animal out there? help me. This human is going to skin me alive!" he screamed pushing and struggling in her arms.

"You keep on ranting I will definitely skin you alive" Artemis said coldly, her cold distant eyes glared down at him. Homura small body started tremble, suddenly terrified at the sudden mood change of the human that held him. He lowered his head and obeyed her words keeping his mouth shut.

"Good boy"