Chapter 21 - Katana

I took a different carriage because I had no mood to listen to Ariana in the way back to the mansion neither did, I want to hear her cry and complain.

Finally, I reached the doors of Diana's room. I swung it open and waltzed in but stopped when I saw Lilly and Stella in the corner of my eyes jolting up all of a sudden.

"My lady your back" Stella said with an awkward smile on her face so did Lilly. They looked really fishy staring at me like that.

Suddenly my eyes came upon a long wooden crate in the middle of the room, lying in between Lilly and Stella.

Pointing to the crate I said "What is that doing in Dian- My room" I nearly blurted out my cover. 'Fuck'.

"Madam your dresses have arrived" Lilly answered. 'They arrived? So quickly. I gave them to the end of the week to complete and deliver them to me. Oh well the sooner the better'

"You may leave" I waved them away after all I have weapons in that crate that I can't let them to see.

They gave each other looks before bowing their heads and walking out the door.

Once I heard the door click closed, I hanged around where I stood listening to their fading footsteps. When I finally heard them disappear, I made my way to the crate. The crate where Lilly and Stella nearly snooped at, poking their noses where it shouldn't belong.

I trailed my fingers on the smooth texture of the wooden planks. It looked sturdy for a wooden crate and the symbol of a white Lilly was painted on top of the lid.

My things have finally arrived, and it seems like tonight I will be departing. I lifted the lid up and the first thing I saw was my kimono folded perfectly then to have my weapon pouch on top of it.

I rummaged through looking for my other supplies. There I spotted two other wooden crates one was really long, and the other was a small one. I picked up the small crate that had horses with two swords overlapping each other painted on top of it.

'Could this be the symbol of the black smith?'

I lifted the lid up to and my eyes widened in astonishment, 15 kunai knives facing towards me, polished and shiny. I thought I would never see a kunai knife again.

Picking one up from the hoop and twirl it around my fingers, I admired how he made it the way I drew it, the leaf shaped blade, the leather bandages around the handle the loop to slip my finger in, the sharp point of the kunai to stab my victims and its sharp edges to slice. I gently placed my finger on the edges, but I winced back when the blade cut the tip of my finger.

"Sharp. I like it" I licked the oozing blood of the little wound, tasting the iron liquid of mines.

I put the kunai back and picked up a ninja star. I let the light star shaped metal balance on my index finger impressed with how the black smith created every detail of the ninja star I described on the paper. The sharpness of every edge of the blade polished and ready to slice.

Placing the star back in the crate and leaving the wooden crate on the table, I lifted the other crates lid open and my eyes widened in astonishment and excitement. There in the crate was the black Katana and a black Tanto.

I picked up the Katana, it was heavy in hand 'God Diana, you're so fragile Diana!'. I need to practice wielding the sword and get her body used to the heavy blade.

I traced my fingers on the black shiny saya of the sword. Loving the smooth wood of the scabbarb. I examined the sword in my hand, the Tsuba metal was carved to look like a Japanese dragon circling around the handle, the tsukamaki was also black with the menuki being a dark teal hue. Unable to contain the excitement in, I unsheathed the katana hearing the clashing of the metal Tsuba.

The metal blade was shiny with the markings of a dragon on it.

I rose up, swung my katana over my hand then to point at the mirror in front of me. I examined myself in the mirror as the thought of my old self standing exactly how I was on the first day of receiving my katana from my sensei.

'A warrior needs the sword for self-perfection There is no weapon more accomplished than the Katana. This is felt immediately. He who even once held a katana in his hands would see the difference at once, when taking a crusader's sword or a combat saber, both would seem crude and clumsy'.

His words are always engraved in my memory. 'Thank you, Hiroshi sensei, for everything you have taught me'.

I sheathed the katana and let my weak trembling hands fall to rest. I stared at myself in the mirror, those cold icy blue eyes staring at the pitiful soul dwelling inside a body that does not belong to it.

I clenched my fist and puffed my chest up.

'Tonight, is the night I will leave this horrible mansion. Tonight, is the night where I found my way home. Brother I'm coming'