Chapter 11 - A secret between me and you

Getting the Duke to agree with my request was the best decision I made coming here. Making him pay for everything I do here will save me lots of money.

I smirked down at my reflection from the glittering gold coins Marcus gave me as contribute to staying here. Picking up one of the gold coins, I fiddled it across my knuckles back and forward.

"Poor duke. Hasn't he learnt to never trust anyone's words so carelessly especially from a former assassin"

*Knock Knock*

I dropped the gold coin back into the chest and closed it shut with a slam. "You have permission to enter" I answered the door from across the room.

The decorated door opened with a creak. "Lady Diana the tailor you requested has arrived" Stella replied.

"Bring him in"

"Yes, my lady" Stella bowed her head before going back.

A middle-aged man walked in, his hair was slicked back with a few strands of visible grey hair on his brown hair. He bowed in courtesy when he laid eyes with me.

"Good day to my lady. You have requested my for my presence" his rusty voice greeted me.

"Yes, I have. Stella, prepare us some tea please" I commanded stella. Stella was stunned at my command, I glared at her and she flinched. "Yes, my lady" she bowed before fast walking to the door. "My lady there is no need" the tailor said waving his hand nervously.

"A guest should be welcomed shouldn't they Mr Charles" I remember him in the story. He was a famous tailor in the whole Kingdom of Aureum. He was the Royals personal tailor but he worked for other Aristocrats for extra money. His store held the finest clothes for ladies and men yet that doesn't say he liked Diana very much because of her commanding and rude manner towards him.

Nevertheless, he always made her gowns out of kindness because she was Mariana's daughter. 

"Take a seat. Mr Charles" I gestured him to sit down while I took a seat. He looked hesitantly like he was terrified with Diana's strange behaviour. I don't blame him, Diana never treated her guest with respect any way.

He slowly made his way to the centre of the room, placing his bag on the floor he sat across me.

"You see, I have a few requests I want to make." I started out. He stared at me patiently, his hands were trembling while sweat was forming across his brow.

"No need to be nervous Mr Charles, I'm not making you do something illegal. I just need you to make me an attire I have designed for you" I said.

A long sigh of relief escaped his lips. 'What was this old man think I was going to make him to do. Pour Itching powder in Ariana's dresses?'

"I want you to make it for me and deliver it to me by this week. No later" I slid across the paper with my design.

He picked it up and examined it. "Such remarkable but peculiar design of clothing" he mumbled. I rose an eyebrow, proud that my work is being appreciated by a tailor.

"Thank you, Mr Charles" I said with a charming smile. His eyes widened in shock before his cheeks went pink of embarrassment. "I-it's a p-pleasure" he stuttered.

"Please don't tell anyone about this." I instructed. I can't let Diana's father know about this or he will defiantly know I fooled him.

I saw his face became serious. "If that is what you wish my lady".

"After you made it, burn the design and don't reveal it to anyone." I stated.

He nodded. "Before my maids come act like you came here to size me for new dresses. I don't need them to know"