(11) Hallucinations & The Grim Reaper

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end; then stop.

A fowl smell swamped the ebony hospital room as Abel laid in the white sheeted bed , with IV's in his arms and oxygen tubes through his nose. His breathing was shallow and calm . Darkness surrounded Abel's body , the monitor's beeped rapidly which caused the machine to die out.

Abel's eyes flashed open but something was different; instead of chestnut eyes , his eyes were a deep sapphire blue. Abel threw his hand threw his hand against his nose and mouth as the smell was horrendous. There wasn't an exact source of where the smell could have been coming from. Abel shuffled to the closed door then opened it. The halls were filled with blowing wind and the air became chilly , it was if someone left the door open.

Abel's body shuddered. His bare feet scuffled against the lukewarm tile flooring. He held his arms close to his chest as he walked down the hallway. He looked noticed a few doctors , so he decided to go up to the female nurse in orange scrubs and long brunette hair.

" Hello. I need to get out of here , " he said politely.

But the nurse didn't answer him , she walked right passed him. Abel rolled his eyes and went to another doctor , so did he same thing. Abel crossed his arms and looked to left. In the room was a patient who looked sickly , a small girl , who looked like she was in a fire. Abel screamed at the top of his lungs but no one paid attention to him.

As he walked , a female bumped into him. She had a fair olive complexion with a bob that had short bangs in the front , her hair was a medium cherry cola. Her eyes light up the room but she was dressed in black. She flashed a smile at him and raised a brow.

" Please , help me get out of here , " Abel begged her.

" Come with me , I need to show you something , " her sweet voice said.

Abel followed her into a room , an ebony room that was down the hall and too the right. She pushed open the door and led him to a bed , but the only person that he saw was himself. Abel stood back as he was confused. How could he be looking at himself?.

" Abel , you died , they couldn't save you. "

" What?."

" Abel , The bullet puncture your heart then you were found bleeding to death in the water. They threw your lifeless body in the water and then some fishing boat people found you the next morning."

" That's not possible , you're not real , this isn't real, " Abel began to panic.

" I'm very real Abel. This is all real. "

" When I close my eyes , I'll be alive and you won't be here."

So , Abel shut his eyes then counted slowly too three. One. Two. Three. His eyes flashed open and she was gone. It was a dream. Abel held his hand over his heart but when he turned around she was standing right there. He shook his head and looked at her.

" No. No. This isn't happening. I can't be dead , my daughter's out there !," He said to her.

" Abel , What's done is done. No one can you help you."

" What are you ... ?."

" I'm a Grim Reaper. I took your soul because they declared you were dead."

" Give it back , right now!."

" Abel , I would if I could."

" Then why can't you , " he spat angrily.

" Because it's all apart the contract."

" What?."

" Nothing. I'm Absinthe , by the way."