Chapter 4

Akane was looking at Nene with shock.

"W-what?" Akane said, horrified.

Someone cleared their throat, it was Sakura.

"Sorry for interrupting but I was wondering if I could ask you something?"

Nene made eye contact with Sakura. "Sure?" She said, confused.

What is she going to ask?

Nene looked at her nervously.

"Who's he?" Sakura said, looking at Akane. "I didn't know another student knew about apparitions."

Forgetting his previous shock, Akane looked at Sakura with caution.

"I'm school mystery No.1, middle of the clock keepers. What do you want from me?" He looked annoyed.

Sakura's eyes bored through his. "Nothing."

Natsuhiko beamed. "But my lady! It would be nice if we all search together, right?"

I don't think that's a great idea....

"What?! No way we're teaming up with you guys!" Kou pointed his staff at them, glaring.

"Yeah. Sorry Nanamine-senpai and Natsuhiko-senpai but we can't!" Nene nodded, agreeing with Kou. No matter how much they asked, they can't join with them! They were in Tsukasa's side for goodness' sake!

"I agree with these two. I mean who would want to join people that are actually spreading the rumours?!!" Akane said, clearly mad.

Sakura sighed, and looked at them. "Well, then we'll be going." She walked away.

"Ah! Wait for me my lady!~" Natsuhiko tried to catch up with Sakura, who exited the library.

Nene and Kou sighed with relief, once they were out of sight.

"Ok, look guys!" Akane held the bridge of his nose and sighed. "We've been searching for hours, but we can't seem to get any clue here!"

Nene looked at Akane then looked at Kou. Should she ask them why she couldn't join their search?

Probably not....

Nene frowned. Maybe she should search on her own.

"I think we should head back to our houses!" Kou sighed, running his fingers through his hair, looking at Akane as if signalling something.

Nene noticed this.

"Yeah...." Akane said slowly, seeming like he understood.

Nene blinked at their secret exchange. Well, it looks like they want to start their own search! Thinking about it only made her mad. Nene was also a little sad cause she felt left out.

"Ok....bye guys...." Nene said, waving at them, and left the library.

"Bye...." They waved back at her, blinking, as she exited the library.

Nene really wanted to help them. Nene sighed.

So much for coming here....

Nene proceeded walking through the empty hallway, empty hearted.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Akane sighed and turned to look at Kou. "I think she overheard our conversation Minamoto-kouhai." Akane looked at Kou with serious eyes.