26.

Chicago, IL.

11:44 p.m.

Dayvon Daquan "King Avon" Bennett.

My eyes lurked around the room as everybody appeared to be blurry in a sense, I gently scrunched my face up tryin' to come back to reality. The red plastic cup in my hands was brought to my face and I took a sip, only to frown in disgust. I quickly tossed it aside before turnin' towards the door when I was bout to exit somebody mumbled where I was headed. "Out," I replied before turning the knob and exitin' the studio.

I couldn't focus on doin' music I was too fuckin' hungry. I had plenty shit in the vault anyway.

As I stepped outside the cool night air blew, it was chilly as shit so I stuffed my hands further in my coat.

"We need to talk about Von," I heard from across the parkin' lot.

I glared over seein' Naa talkin' to someone but I couldn't tell who it was so I jus' listened in, for some fuckin' reason my hearin' was better than normal. I jus' couldn't believe my own bitch was discussin' my behind my back. I couldn't stomach to let that shit go on any further.

Naamah.

"He came home right?" Booka asked. I nodded slowly and brought my finger nails into my mouth embedding them between my teeth, "yes he did but somethings not right with him.. He's different." I managed then folded my arms across my chest looking up at him with pleading eyes, "he's been eating raw fucking meat out the fridge, now that shit ain't my idea as normal.." I mumbled lowly before looking around at my surroundings, "and his scent is very odd."

Booka had a now concerned expression, "you think some might've happened to him when Lilith got ahold of him?"

I softly shrugged because I didn't know. I didn't know what my mother was capable of being the being she was. "I just know he's not the same Booka and I'm scared," I confessed with tears falling down my face. He instantly wrapped his arms around me, pulling me in for a warm hug assuring me everything would be fine but I knew it wouldn't. "It's gone be straight," Booka confided.

Suddenly a scent submerged into my nostrils, causing me to look over seeing Dayvon walking over with a disappointed look on his face.

"So this what the fuck you doin' sneakin' around with this nigga behind my fuckin' back?" Von questioned before pushing me aggressively into the side of my car. My eyes were completely wide as I was in peer disbelief. Booka immediately stepped in, "bro it's nothin' like that we just worried bout yo ass."

Von glared Booka up and down, if looks could fucking kill.

"What the fuck is it like?" Von cursed with his fists becoming balled up.

A car pulled up beside us and a horn honked, the window slowly came down and there was Durk, "yall good?" He asked letting his eyes roam over each of us. I wanted to scream hell no, Dayvon ain't Dayvon no more but I needed to play this shit as cool as possible. If my mother was in on this, I didn't know what type of thing she created. "We fine," I mumbled before Von snatched my upper arm and dragged me to the passenger side, opening my door and forcing me inside.

"Nigga you ain't doin' ya session?" Durk questioned.

"Fuck that," Von replied before opening the driver door getting inside, slamming it causing me to jump.

I stared at Durk and Booka through the windshield with pleading eyes.

Von started up the car and peeled off the parking lot, he was speeding down the road like a fucking maniac. I stayed as close to the door as possible, part of me wanted to open it and just take my chances on foot but that shit would really fucking hurt falling out of a car going over 100 mph. Von wouldn't hurt me right? He loved me far too much, right?

"Day-Dayvon can you slow down?" I begged softly.

His eyes were pierced focused on the road like he had somewhere to be, he was gripping onto the steering wheel as if his life depended on it, his jaw was stiff showing he was angered.

"I'm not fucking with Booka," I admitted.

He looked over at me for a quick second before he looked back at the road.

Suddenly he forced his foot harder on the gas.

"Yo-you think I'd do that to you Von? I love you I'd never do anything to jeopardize this... Us," I said with tears in my eyes as I saw the car was now going 120 mph.

I gently reached over to touch his hand which was gripping the steering wheel and he felt cold, he felt so cold. He then hit the breaks and my entire body flew into the dash board, I felt my nose go completely numb in the process as the tires screeched from the breaks being hit so abruptly. "Shit," I cried out clutching onto my nose which now had a heated liquid leaking from it. I looked at my hands seeing the soaked in blood.

Von reached over forcing my hands off my face and he just stared at me.

I threw my head back trying my best to stop the bleeding. "Ta-take me home Von..."

_

I turned the shower water on hot and started to remove my clothes quickly, remembering to lock the door behind me. I stared at the mirror seeing my deep colored blood, all over my arms, hands, and face. I do truly believe my nose was fractured but it'll heal itself within a few hours. I stepped in the water and let it sting my skin watching the blood rush down the drain. I decided to let it run through my hair also. I was tired, my body was tired.

I softly begin to cry to myself because that was all I could do.

I couldn't bring myself to kill Von, I loved him far too much and I thought he'd love me the same to not hurt me, but there's a possibility I was wrong. Love could only go so far.

Suddenly, my body felt a cool embrace and hands slowly wrapped around me.

My eyes opened and I looked over my shoulder seeing him towering behind me.

"I could never hurt you," he simply said in the softest voice ever.

I gently released my arms and slowly turned to face him, "I'm sorry..." he apologized looking into my eyes. His eyes didn't feel dead like they've been the past few days, they seemed to be full of life in this moment like he was fighting whatever darkness that was inside of him. "I love you Naamah," he confessed before sweetly placing a kiss onto my lips.

I didn't kiss back because I was sure if I wanted to but eventually I did, our lips were stuck together like glue. His large hand clutched onto the back of my neck as he turned his head, getting a better angle of my mouth. I softly moaned into his mouth as his other hand gripped onto my ass gently caressing it with the stinging water adding to the bliss. He pulled me much closer to him to the point where his hard dick was poking between my thighs. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he swiftly picked me up, placing my back against the wall.

_

I slowly opened my eyes as my phone was vibrating amongst the side table, Von snored loudly with his arm wrapped tightly around me. I reached for my phone and answered it speaking as low as possible. "Hello?" I answered.

"Von isn't Von..." The voice of Mary blared into the phone.

"Wh-who is he?"

"The man himself, the manipulator, the liar, he hides in plain sight..... He's the devil," she replied before the phone went completely dead.