Thirteen

"Wow Lolo, you clean up nice for a party." She turns, grinning up at Zach as she notices it's him who's approached.

"Thanks." She laughs nervously, glancing down at her outfit consisting of a strapless black bustier top and black jeans, along with gold boots and jewelry, "You look nice too." She adds, glancing over the outfit he had put together, some black jeans, a white t-shirt, and green bomber jacket.

"I tried, dressing up isn't really my thing." he chuckles, "I'd rather be in sweats reading a good book than out at a party on a Friday night."

"I get that for sure." She laughs, "But you have to at least be a little bit excited, your band's album dropped today."

"I am excited about that, but still, you handed me a book today that you said I need to read and I haven't got the chance to even start it."

"Well you need to, the plot twists are crazy, and the story is so good! I bought it at the shop earlier this week, and I have already finished it and handed it over to you."

"I'll get right on that, I'll try and read it on our flight to Miami Monday morning if I can't get any reading in before that."

"Good. Hopefully you'll like the story at least almost as much as I did."

"We can hope." He chuckles, stepping away as someone wraps their arms around LoLo from behind.

"Who..?" She spins easily in the arms, gasping as she takes in who is wrapping himself around her, "Thomas?"

"Surprise!" Her boyfriend laughs, his eyes alight with excitement.

"I didn't know you were coming tonight." she grins, pulling him in tightly for a hug, pressing a soft kiss to his lips.

"Dad and mom were going to come out for the release but dad got caught up with a big issue at work, so he offered me his seat on the flight, and how could I turn down the chance to see my girlfriend, and congratulate Reese on sealing the deal as our parents favorite child with releasing this album."

"Well I am very happy with the surprise." She grins, kissing him softly again.

"I was hoping you would be. So tell me how everything has been for the last few weeks? Has it been as good as you hoped?"

"It's been better, I love getting up everyday to take pictures and follow the band around. I'm even more excited to get out on tour and be photographing that almost every night."

"I'm glad you're happy LoLo."

"How's home? Anything good I'm missing there?"

"It's the same old, same old, just Chicago. Work has been fine, my nights have become significantly more lonely and boring without your antics and company, but it's worth it for how happy you seem to be."

"Thank you for being so cool with me taking this job, I know we've only been together a few months, so it really does mean a lot to me."

"You've been dreaming of this job since before we met, I couldn't ever stop you from chasing it."

"I wouldn't have it if it weren't for you, so thank you for being Reese's brother too." she laughs.

"You're welcome I guess, now come on, I should probably actually congratulate Reese on the album. And I need a drink." He spins her around, guiding her through the crowd of people by an arm around her waist.

"How can I help you two tonight?" The bartender wanders over to them as they reach the bar, an attractive young man in his mid-twenties with dark hair and sharp facial features.