𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟏: 𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

Începe de la început

Carmen didn't say much, that Jacob could even figure out. Although he was the leader of the pack. Something didn't sit right with Jacob, even more hatred towards the guy started when he heard Julia talking to him in the morning when he was still asleep.

He didn't hear their conversation, he didn't really want to, but the fact that this guy was now conversing with Julia just for the sake of it bothered Jacob. 

And he really didn't know why.

Julia Welch

Julia saw the joy Blake's eyes had carried throughout that morning. She had never seen him like that before, so full of life. It's true what they say, smiles are contagious. 

The whole silent ride back she looked out the window and smiled. She could just imagine what kind of emotions the boy could be receiving, knowing he was going back home.

Soon, she hoped, soon that will be me and Jacob going home...

Her thoughts quickly changed as she turned to the front mirror where she watched as Carmen's gaze was solely focused on the road before them.

And I hope Carmen finds home too.

She couldn't help but stare at his eyes. There's something so secretive when you acknowledge a person from further away, and they don't even know.

He doesn't know what she thinks about him, feels about him.

Yet she's staring straight at his eyes in the reflection of a mirror and she smiles because he doesn't know. 

As the van drove down the freeway back to the motel, Julia continued to stare out the window and look at the coastline. She leaned against the open window as the breeze travelled through her hair. The smell of seawater entered and the sight of people having a fun day at the beach made her smile a bit more

Carmen Yates

Carmen slowly hit the brakes as the cars in front of him started to slow even more.

"Traffic," he murmured. He rested his arm on the edge of the door and rested the side of his head on his hand. He looked out at the cars and his eyes made it to the front view mirror. As he saw the cars line up behind him, he looked more closely. 

Julia's smiling. 

And he wanted to ask her why. 

He saw the way she looked as they took Blake to the airport. Her bright eyes were excited for their friend.

Friends. Carmen didn't realize he was calling them his friends now.

He had been cruel to Blake. He felt terribly guilty when his conscience had gained the wisdom he was lacking and he knew he had to get them out of there. 

If you asked him at that moment, Carmen couldn't tell you what had changed. From the time he had wanted to be with Warner to the time he had planned an escape, something finally clicked in-between.

But it still wasn't right. There was still more they had to go through. There's always a chance that they couldn't help Blake, which meant no hope for the rest of them.  At this point, he really didn't know what else to do except sit in a room and wait.

His eyes were brought to focus when Jacob asked him a question.

"Are you planning on going or are we going to be sitting here all day?"

Carmen shook himself out of his thoughts and pressed the gas. He looked back at Jacob and gave him a helpless shrug. Jacob side-eyed him and turned his head away.

It left Carmen's thoughts quickly wondering what his problem was this time.

A/N

ya i rly don't have anything else to add.

hope u enjoyed :D