Chapter 16

Aurora

Aurora

We were both shocked hearing Cara's answer. Although we had our doubts that she knew who it was, her admitting it made it more real that she was purposely hiding him from us. I immediately asked.

"Who is it?"

"I don't want to tell." Cara grumbled.

"Does he know that you are pregnant?" Dad asked.

"No..." Cara replied in a small voice.

"I am sure you have your reasons Cara. Although I definitely do not like the guy you are talking about, you should still inform him. It's up to him if he wants to take responsibility or not, you have your father with you no matter what there is nothing to be scared of." Dad went upstairs after leaving me and Cara alone in the living room.

"Why did you not tell him that you are pregnant?" I really didn't understand her right now.

"I am scared." Was her only reply.

"Of what?" I asked, looking at Cara.

She came and sat beside me. Leaning her head on my shoulder while stroking her stomach bulge. After a while she started talking again.

"I have been in love with him for a long time. We have known each other since forever. We used to go to the same middle school then same high school now we go to the same University. He is the nicest person I know and he really means a lot to me. But to him I was just a friend nothing more. I was devastated when I found out he had started dating someone in high school. I really tried my hardest to hide my feelings then Aurora." Cara says sniffing.

"But I could not, I confessed to him. He told me I was just a friend to him and nothing more. So, I tried to move on, and we continued being friends for a while. Then one day they broke up. He was so sad I could not bear seeing him like that. We went to a party together the next day to make him forget his break up, we both got drunk. I was drunk, I was not thinking rationally and kissed him. The next thing I know we had slept together. I could not bear being rejected once again so I ran away from there the next morning before he woke up. He has tried to contact me a couple of times but I haven't picked up his calls and replied to his messages." There was so much I didn't know about Cara.

"Aurora... How will he react if he finds out that I am pregnant? What if he rejects me? I wouldn't have cared if it was just a one night stand but he means so much more to me. I can't handle the rejection once again. Even my own mother was disappointed with me." A couple of tears fell from her eyes. I didn't know how to answer her so I said whatever came on my mind.

"Think about the baby Cara, doesn't he deserve his father? Now you are going to be a mother, you have to start being fearless. If he is a nice person as you say I am sure the outcome of it all would not be bad. You should go tell him everything as Dad said he deserves to know." I squeezed her hand assuring her that everything will be alright.

"For the first time you gave good advice." Cara says, smiling through her tears. "I am going to contact him tonight."

************

I woke up from my phone ringing beside me. It was 11 o'clock in the day. I use my weekends properly by sleeping most of the time or taking care of Cara. I picked up the call half asleep.

"Hello."

"Are you still sleeping? Good morning." A familiar voice chuckled from the other side.

My half asleep self could not figure out who it was no matter how hard I tried. I literally fell asleep again but woke up when the voice started speaking again.

"Save my number. It's Adam."

Adam! I started smiling creepily on the thought that he was calling me.

"Is this a dream Ady?" I asked half asleep.

There was silence on the other end for a while. I closed my eyes temporarily and was just about to doze off when my favourite voice spoke again a little louder this time.

"Aurora, don't go to sleep again." His tone was serious. It immediately woke me up from my sleep.

"Yes. I am awake now." I say wide awake. I get up from my bed and walk towards the bathroom.

"You must not have noticed but we got an assignment from the English class last day which we are supposed to submit by Monday. We also have a test on Monday." Adam says.

"I forgot about the test Adam! Thanks for reminding me and yes we do have an assignment. What was it again?" I have so much on my mind lately that I forget about school assignments and tests a lot.

"We are supposed to write a Book Review." Adam answers.

"Oh." I say distracted by my horrible smelling toothpaste.

"So I was wondering...if you would like to go to the library with me today so we could pick out a book." He says hesitantly.

"Sure." I blurted before thinking anything.

"I will text you the time I will pick you up then."

"Ok. See you later."

Is it a date? I text Geena about the whole conversation. She says it's definitely a date. I quickly dart towards my closest trying to find the clothes which will make me look good. But it shouldn't look like I tried too hard. I waste my whole day doing nothing but choosing outfits for the not so date.

But all my plans go to waste when Cara says that the mystery guy would be joining us for dinner that evening and she needs me to support her through it.

************

Don't forget to vote, comment and share.

Herawritesxxx.