Chapter 3

Aurora

Aurora

Everyone froze, even the girl who was decorating the staircase, just to look at Paxton's reaction. The house got quiet waiting for him to react. After looking around curiously around the house for a while, with his mouth slightly parted, eyes wide, he nodded his head in realisation.

Looking around for another minute or two, he approached Adam and did their bro handshake.

"I will pretend I did not see that." was the first thing he said to me and Geena. This smarty-pants ruined everything for us.

"I will be going then, while you guys do all the work. Make sure I enjoy the party." He started walking outside. 

"Paxton, wait for me," I said following him outside trying to escape from this torture of arranging a party.

"Are you not needed there?" He opened his car door.

"I have been working there for a while. I need a break! I am not of much help anyway," the last thing I want is to concentrate on arranging those cups. I don't even concentrate so much on my homework.

"Thought so" he teased, "Where do you want to go?"

"How about my house? We can watch a couple of movies before we go to the party." There were so many movies I have been wanting to watch with someone for a while. Paxton is the perfect person to watch movies with. I remember when he was still in high school we used to watch a new movie every Friday after school. I miss those days.

"Your house?" He said, looking alarmed suddenly.

"Yep."

"How about mine?"

"No, offence but now that you aren't using your room anymore it's not the same it used to be. It's probably not very clean either."

"It is clean! I cleaned the last time I visited!"

"And that was weeks ago."

"You know what, I am a bit hungry. How about we go to a cafe or something?" He looked anywhere but at me.

He is acting suspiciously.

We have been very close friends since we were in middle school. By now, I knew most of his habits. He always scratches his ear when he is nervous, which is exactly what he is doing right now. Why is he nervous? He used to love hanging out in my house before. Something about my room being 'aesthetically pleasing' he said.

Suspicious, something is definitely up. And I need to get to the bottom of this.

"Okay but I get to choose the cafe."

*********

"Wow! Did guys do it for me? I love you so so much." Paxton covered his mouth with his left palm.