Chapter 7

Aurora

Aurora

The next morning mom had already left the house with all her belongings. She said a few words to me before leaving. She had given me the address of her new home and told me to visit her whenever I wanted. She did not say the same thing to Cara and just stood in front of her room, as if she knew that she had hurt Cara deeply. I empathize with Cara, but for me it felt nice being the favorite.

During breakfast, dad smiled at us talking with us, acting as if nothing had happened Cara and I could easily see the sadness in his eyes.

****

"Rora, why do people marry if they are gonna leave each other anyways?"

Currently, Cara was lying on her bed staring at the ceiling with her big puffy eyes.

"That's what I keep telling you." I said lying beside her.

"I thought it was just because you went through a heartbreak you were talking nonsense, but now it does make sense a little."

"So, I tell you to always be careful of men, my idiot sister."

"What's the worst that can happen? I think it has already happened to me. I never thought I could be pregnant at twenty." Cara said, touching her stomach.

"Cara I was really not going to ask you about this but…. What did the guy say?" I have been curious for a while about this. But no one has ever brought up the topic of the mystery of the guy thinking we would only hurt Cara.

"He doesn't know." Cara murmured to herself.

"What?"

I had thought Cara had already talked with the guy. The Cara I know is fearless; she would not be scared to bring up the topic of pregnancy to the mystery guy. Was she scared? That the guy would not take responsibility.

"I could not bring myself to tell him. I mean… I don't know what he will think."

"Why do you care about that? You need to just tell him that you are pregnant. He deserves to know. Let him think whatever he wants to.”

"No Aurora, he is not a bad guy as you think. He is a really good person."

"Well if he was a good guy he would have at least made sure to wear a condom." How difficult is it to wear a condom anyway?

"Aurora! It's not like that. He was wearing a condom." She whispered the last part.

"Then he might have purposely made a hole in it." I said, shrugging.

"Aurora, don't talk about him like that! Get out of my room." She was pissed now.

"You get mood swings like a pregnant woman." I said, closing her with a loud thud.

"I am a pregnant woman!" I could hear her shouting from the inside.

*******
"Rora, don't cry…. I will always be there for you. I will never leave you." 

“It looks like you are the only one crying Geena.” Paxton said, munching on his fries.

"You shut up." Geena said so loudly that a few people who were near our table looked at us.

"It's ok! I am ok, you don't need to worry." I really am ok. "I had already seen the divorce coming with the way mom has been acting for a couple of years."

"I really hate your mom. I wish I could punch her in the face just once." Geena said, clenching her fists.

"Is your father and sister okay?" Paxton said, totally ignoring her.

"Cara is crying a lot but dad is totally different. He is trying not to be sad in front of us. I don't really think he is okay." Whenever he is not smiling, he looks so sad.

"It will all pass." Paxton said, holding my hand looking at my eyes. He was trying to comfort me.

Will it really pass? One day will we forget mom and all the hurt she had caused us? Can all the three of us be happy as a new family again? I didn't know. But, I wish that one day we would be like that.

That's when I realised that I wasn't really okay as I thought I was. I really missed mom. I hated her too for hurting us. Even though I had seen the divorce coming I wasn't okay with it.

These thoughts caused me to start crying right there in front of my friends. It had really been long since I had last cried. It somehow felt good to cry for a long while.

Seeing me cry, Geena started crying too and Paxton was trying his best to calm us down. It was almost comical the way we were bawling our eyes out at a table of a fast food restaurant.

***********

This chapter is more of a filler. Sadly there is no Adam in this Chapter either.

Do vote, comment and share if you like this Chapter.