Chapter 12

Aurora

Aurora

"Aurora!" I heard a voice calling out to me. I immediately recognised the voice. Adam. His voice was calming and smooth, like the one you want to keep listening to for hours.

"I’ve been calling your name for a while." He says walking towards me. Ever since that incident between Adam and his so-called friends, I kept running into him. I have never seen him in the library before, but here he is today. Weird. Does he want to see me?

"Hey. What are you doing here?" I mentally scolded myself. Why do people come to the library? I have a way with words if you can’t already tell.

"Umm, to read. Yeah I am here to read a book." He said scratching his neck and looking elsewhere. I frowned at him in return.

"Which book are you reading? You seem so absorbed in it." His eyes immediately darted towards the book which I was holding. He slightly frowned on seeing the title.

What was I reading again? I don't like it when Adam frowns.

I glance at the book in my hand upon seeing his frown still there. 'Mazie's Guide to Healthy Pregnancy.' reads the cover. Quickly discarding the book on an empty table, I turn to Adam once again. Does he think?

"Did you want to ask me something?" I ask.

"Not really. I just wanted to talk with you." He smiles at me. I smile in return. We probably look like idiots smiling at each other. I have never been the one to smile lots. But somehow I find myself always smiling in Adam's presence. Maybe his smile is contagious.

"Don't you have a match today?" I ask, tilting my head to the right confused. He should be practicing now.

"Yes. Are you coming?" His eyes light up.

"Not really. I hope you win." A few months back I would probably lose sleep rather than miss a football match. Now I do not have the time to cheer for our team sitting on the bleachers.

"I will try. It would have been better if you were there though." Adam says with a sad smile. I wish I was there too.

"Shouldn't you be practicing?" The football coach is really strict. He hates the players who miss practice, especially before a game.

"The coach gave us a few minutes to rest." Adam says, smiling again.

"And you are here instead of resting?" I raise an eyebrow at him.

His eyes turn wide as if a deer caught in headlights. Then his cheeks turn slightly red. Wait. Is he blushing? But why? Is he embarrassed? Why would he be embarrassed? I blink in confusion. He clears his throat, interrupting me from my thoughts.

"I think I should go." He says looking anywhere but at me.

"Yeah. See you later." I say waving my hand at him.

"See you later Rora." He smiled at me looking straight in my eyes. It was that smile again. The one which made my stomach filled with butterflies. And he called me Rora.

He walked with his back towards me wearing the school varsity jacket and black jeans. His hair was a beautiful mess and his green eyes, which were turned away from me, were glowing a while ago. He almost looked unreal then, too good to be true.

*******

I was still in a daze when I was walking towards the cafeteria. Holding my lunch in one hand, I almost sat at the table where Diana and her friends were sitting. I received a glare from Diana in return. Quickly getting up from her table I made my way to Geena who was busy hiding her laugh.

"What are you thinking about so much?" Geena asked, trying her best to control her laugh.

"Adam." I said, still in a daze.

"Spill."

So I spiled everything to her. No literally. She was very amused when I was telling, sometimes sighing in content as if she found the incidents cute. I mean Adam is cute. But by the end of it, she gave me a look. A look which screamed 'are you kidding me?'

"So you are in love with Adam. Shouldn't you just marry him at this rate?"

"What? I don't like him. I just have a teeny tiny crush on him. And there's no way he likes me." What Geena said made me laugh. There's no way Adam likes me and there's no way I like him. Umm...I guess I am a bit attracted to him.

"So you just have a crush on him?" Geena narrowed her eyes on me.

"Yup." I said munching on my fries.

"People drive me crazy." She muttered under her breath.

"Listen. Do you think about him everyday? Do you find him cute no matter what he does? Do you dream about him? Wet dreams are included too. Do you just wanna be with him all the time? You just like everything about him?" Geena finished.

"Yup." Adam is pretty awesome. I am sure everyone thinks like this.

"There you go. You found your soulmate."

"Soulmates don't exist Geena."

"Whatever. I am sure you have started falling for him. Do you think I don't notice? You keep glancing at him whenever you get the chance too. You smile just even at the thought of him. Look! Even now you keep looking at his table."  She pointed at me acusingly.

She is correct. I keep glancing at his table where he is sitting with a bunch of jocks. No way. There's no way she’s right that I like Adam. Frustrated that Geena caught me looking which proved her point I said,

"Geena, let's stop talking about this." Maybe my voice was a bit harsh. But she didn’t let it faze her.

Instead, she started talking about how her date went with the Sam guy instead. He is funny and really caring. She thought that she had found her soulmate, that he is her “The One.” The word brought back so many memories. I used to be just like her. I used to believe in The One. I used to believe in true love.

No, I used to believe he was my The One that We would last forever. He was my true love. That had shattered when I found him and a blonde in the same bed. The fourth time.

                     **************

Next Chapter is going to be intresting. That's all I can spoil my readers with.

If you have liked the chapter do vote, share and comment to let me know your thoughts.

Herawritesxxx.