Chapter 4

Aurora

Aurora

Adam was not there in Miss Carter's class today. In fact, I had not seen him the whole day. Last night I was awake thinking why he looked so upset. I get too curious sometimes. When I was a kid everyone used to say I was the curious kind, always putting my nose in other's business. It was really hard for me not to ask him anything about it on that day.

"Pax is coming this weekend," Geena said, nibbling at her chocolate.

"Why is he coming again?"

Paxton is in his freshman year of college. Me, Geena and Paxton are best friends, being a year older and smarter than us he had graduated before us. He lives in the college dorms now, sometimes he comes to visit us during weekends. But, the thing is he had already visited us two weeks ago, so it was weird that he decided to visit us again.

"Maybe he lost his brain cells last time and is coming to pick them back up." Geena started laughing at her own joke.

"Do you want to throw a party this weekend?" I said to Geena. We had never thrown a party for Paxton since he had graduated.

"Party?" Her eyes immediately lit up. "But why suddenly?"

"We had never thrown a party for Paxton and you love parties. I do not have anything to do this weekend anyway."

" I love you Rora" Geena started attacking me with her hugs. Am I going to regret this?

********

The short answer is yes. I absolutely regret this. I forgot how hard it is to organise a party. I have been trying to arrange the cups for two hours now. It really is hard. Currently we all are decorating Geena's house. Inviting people is probably the easiest part of organising a party. Something in which Geena decided to take over.

I was too engrossed in my thoughts that I did not hear someone walking towards me.

Thud

A person collided with me suddenly. The guy's head and mine collided resulting in a nasty sound. Is his skull made of stone? The impact was too much and threw me backwards but I did not land on my butt. Looking up I found Adam looking at me with me in his arms. Don't these things generally happen in movies?

Huh? Were there butterflies in my stomach? No, it's probably because I am nervous. But what am I nervous for?

"Are you okay?" Adam asked, looking at me.

"Just chillin" Ugh. Why would you say that?

Smiling at me once, Adam looked over to check the guy and immediately winced. The guy is big and muscular as he is tall and I had never seen him before. He was probably one of the guys Geena had invited to help us organise the party in exchange for as much food he wanted to eat. He was holding his forehead where blood was slowly trickling down from. I winced too. Looks like his head is not a stone afterall.