Chapter 9

Aurora

Aurora

After his tight lipped smile, Adam started speed walking towards the hallway. Should I go after him or not? I am probably making a big deal out of this. I had a gut feeling I should go after him. The last time this type of thing happened I ended up not going after him and regretting it thoroughly. Fuck it, let's go after him. 

Trying my best to walk fast on my embarrassingly weak legs, I bump into a girl in the hallway. Her books fall out of her hands and she lands on her butt. 

"I am sorry I didn’t see you." I come face to face with a girl who is wearing a pair of glasses. 

"No, it's my fault I did not see where I was going." 

Shoving the books in her hands, I quickly start walking or more like running. She probably thinks I’m weird, not like I care anyway. I see Adam taking a turn from the corner of my eye. Gotta run fast.

Seeing the hallway empty, I shout his name, 

"Adam, wait!" Wide eyed, and furrowed brows, he turns around. 

Catching up to him, I start huffing and puffing. I can't be anymore attractive right now. Cue the sarcasm. I open my mouth to say something to him. What am I supposed to say again? I did end up catching up to him, but what am I supposed to say? Ugh, I didn’t think this far ahead.

I take more time than necessary to catch my breath to think what I am supposed to say. 

Adam patiently waits for me to regain my composure. 

"I heard what your friends were saying. Well I guess they’re not really your friends. Sorry, probably a sore subject!” I take a deep breath. “What they were saying about you isn’t true. In fact it’s the opposite. I-Everyone likes you because you are actually someone who deserves to be liked. Most of the people who are popular don’t deserve to be, but you do. You are hardworking, cool, kind, and compassionate. You deserve all the love you get. Those guys are just jealous, even if they are your friends. People  just get jealous easily, and you can’t control that." I stop my rant when I find myself being repetitive. 

"So what I mean is those guys are not good friends and they are jealous." 

Adam looked at me for a while processing what I just told him. Then a full blown smile returned to his face. This smile was a bit different from his usual ones, a bit more happier. A type of smile, which automatically makes you smile in return. I love this smile of his.. 

"You think I am cool?" Is that all he got from what I said? 

"Yes" He is cool. 

He blinked a couple of times as if not expecting what I just said to him. Then he cleared his throat, a light blush forming on his cheeks. He is so cute. 

"Thanks…for what you just said. You’re right, it's their fault for being jealous." He said with a faint smile on his face. 

We stood there for a couple of minutes in the silence smiling to ourselves. 

"Don't you have class now?" Adam said, looking at me. 

"Shit. I have to go now." How could I forget that I had class? The teacher is going to eat me alive. I am already too late. 

"See you later." Adam smiled at me just as I was getting ready to sprint down the hallway. 

"See you later." With this sprinted down the hallway. I could faintly hear Adam laughing once I started running. He probably thinks I am weird. 

I am glad that I went after him, even though I might get detention now. At least I won't regret it this time.

***********

The next day Liam and James were acting like nothing happened yesterday with Adam. They don't even have a clue that Adam heard them bad mouthing him. I had the sudden urge to punch Liam in the face when he was acting all buddy buddy with him. Though, Adam acted as if nothing had happened. What did I expect him to do? After all it's his group of friends, not mine. Granted they’re a bunch of people from the football team who are complete douches. Justin, one of his other friends, is one of the only few who is not from the football team. Adam's actual best friend, or so I hope. It shouldn't really bother me, but I don't know why it is. 

"You are early for the first time." A charming voice interrupted my thoughts. 

"I’m not generally late for classes." I narrowed my eyes at Adam who had his usual easy going smile on his face. 

"The last few days you were late though" he raised a playful eyebrow at me. 

"Was not." 

"You even had a little bit of drool on your face on my first day of Calculus." 

What? My hand automatically reached the corner of my mouth as if it's still there. I remember that day was my first time being late for classes. My face quickly changed into one of horror upon realising how many people might have seen my imaginary drool. 

Adam laughed out loud on seeing my face. A couple of people glanced at us from their seats. I hate attention. He is probably teasing me anyways.

Turning a few shades of red, I turned my face away from him. 

"You are so funny Aurora." He said still recovering from his laugh. 

"Humph"  Am I kid, why am I sulking? I’ll blame this on my period hormones. 

"Uh. I am sorry if I offended you." Adam said looking at my face, as if what he said could potentially offend me in any way. I love his kindness.

"No, I’m alright. It’ll take a lot more than that to offend me dude."

Did I just call him dude?

"That's good then." Giving me one last smile, he started opening his notebook as the teacher entered the class. 

Adam is so cute.

                          *************