Chapter 8

Aurora

Aurora

After crying for God knows how long, Geena is embarrassed. Her eyes are red and swollen just like mine. We were both nervous as all the people in resturant's attention was solely focused on us. Paxton though didn't mind the extra attention he was receiving from people. After a few minutes of awkward silence, Geena cleared her throat and asked. 

"What is going on between Adam and you?"

"Nothing. We are friends." I didn't even know if we were friends. We only talked a couple of times. 

"If you ask me, I think there's nothing going on between them. Knowing Adam, he is probably 'friends' with the whole school." Paxton said, waving his hand in dismissal. 

"She has a crush on him though." Geena smirked. 

"All the girls in the school probably have a crush on him." Paxton interjected. 

"Well you are correct, he is nice, popular, good looking, smart, athletic and nice. There's no way anyone would not like him." Geena said thoughtfully. 

"You both are talking as if I am not here." I narrowed my eyes on both of them. 

"What about Shane though?" Geena asked, ignoring me. 

"Who is Shane now?" Paxton looked confused. 

"Her blind date." Geena said, filling him in.

"He hasn't contacted me much." I said munching on my fries.

After some more protruding of my love less life my friends finally left me alone. Then, they started chatting about their love life. Apparently Geena had actually been asked out by one of the guys she met at the party on a date. This was a bit shocking as Geena rarely agreed to go on dates. Her standards are pretty high. While Paxton's life is still loveless just like mine. 

The next morning I still had school. Apparently it does not matter if my family just fell apart, I still have to go to school and listen to those boring lecturers. As if the world didn’t just turn upside down. Dad was still acting as if he was fine although he knew we could see the sadness in his eyes. Cara is angry at mom one moment and sad the next. I myself did not know what I was feeling though. Maybe I was sad just like them. Or maybe I was angry at mom like Cara. 

The day could not get any better when I saw that the elevator of our school had broken. That too I am on my period. Ugh. Just when I am about to read the third floor, I hear my hip pop. I really need to exercise more. 

"I hate the way he acts " Huh? I peek down to find Liam, James and another guy leaning on the wall talking with each other. 

"He acts like knows everything and is good at everything." The no named guy speaks up. 

"But he is a major pushover though." Liam adds and all of them start laughing. 

I should not be over here. If they find out I’m here while they are bad mouthing someone, then I am dead. My traitor legs are not working either. When I try to take a step, my hip groans in pain. 

"And all the guys always like Adam this and that, the teachers too are the same. I am tired of hearing our coach praising him too."

"That bastard got it all good huh." 

Oh god, they were talking about Adam. Now that I think about it they were all Adam's friends. Liam and James were both part of the football team along with Adam. Clearly they were not friends. I suddenly had the urge to go over to them and smack their faces on the wall they were leaning on. 

"All just because he has that nice guy act." Says the no named guy. I wish I could punch him. 

Adam does not act as a nice guy. He is genuinely nice, it shows in the way he talks. He cares what the other person has to say, that he does not hurt other people. Thinking that I should not waste anymore time on their bullshit, I start climbing the stairs. This time my hip did not protest, I could still hear their voices very clearly. 

Just when I climbed the last stair, I found someone leaning by the door. The first thing I noticed was the guy was wearing a black t-shirt with white Converse and jeans. It is Adam, his hair styled perfectly . The voices of his friends talking bullshit about him could still be hard clearly. His eyes immediately widen as if he is surprised to see me. I am surprised too. Was he standing there, hearing them all along? We stood there looking at each other too shocked to say anything. Then, out of the blue Adam smiled. 

This time though, his smile did not reach his eyes.

*********

Sorry for the delay guys. I have no excuses  :^) except that I was lazy. I am always lazy *sigh*

All of my silent readers do tell me if you like the chapter. Don't be shy ;)

Do like, vote and share if you like the chapter. See you next week guys.

Herawritesxxx