Revolting revelation

March 5, the day before the Class Poll special exam. Only a day remains before those that were intentionally chosen as the sacrifice or it's just their fate to leave this school. As for me, I belong to the former, it was all thanks to a certain someone pulling the strings and me compromising to Ryuuen just to gain his cooperation.

I sighed.

I stretched out my arm, grabbed the doorknob then slid it.

The moment the door was fully opened, all the gaze of the students inside quickly landed into me, looking at me with various types of expression.

However I didn't mind those stares, and I began walking towards my seat while scanning around the room, looking for a particular student inside.

She still hasn't arrived, huh?’

Amidst the search, I noticed that the Ayanokouji Group nodded to each other after knowing that I had arrived, giving me the idea that they had made some sort of plan behind my back. I just hope that it's not that troublesome because it will still be me who will clean the mess afterwards.

When I was only a few meters away from my seat, someone suddenly bumped into my shoulder coming from my behind.

“Haha my bad, Ayanokouji. I didn't notice you're there.” said Ike while holding his laughter then rushed towards the other door.

Based on his gestures and action, I can tell that he did it intentionally. Still I don't have a shred of energy to deal with such a nuisance.

Horikita, my seatmate, who saw the incident unfold, quickly rose into her seat and was about to give Ike a mouthful earring.

“Hey–”

“Don't mind him.” but I stopped her before she can finish her dialogue.

“But-.”

Still knowing Horikita, she won't back down that easily and wanted to complain to me. That's why I stared at her, showing her a complete apathetic expression.

“..okay.”

I then continued walking then pulled the back of the chair then crouch down, resting my back on it and she also returned to her seat.

“I heard that you give your best.” I said to Horikita.

“I'm sorry. I couldn't prevent the situation from escalating.” She faced me then lowered her head slightly.

“Not that it matters. It's bound to happen anyway.” I nonchalantly shrugged off her apology because I'm fully aware that this is the consequence for my action.

She then raised her head and looked at me with a confused expression.

“Even so… but … why are you so unconcerned about it? Tell me, Ayanokouji. You're planning something right?” Her red eyes begs for my answer.

Similar to my relationship with Kei, me and Horikita also share a bit the same type of contract. A give and take relationship. I used her name as the front person to fully receive the aftermath of all of my actions behind the scenes for the benefits of the class and in exchange, she won't pry into my life whether it's in the past or in the current.

This was also the main reason for her defeat against Matsushita because she cant expose one bit of my actions to anyone.

“I hope you remember our deal, Horikita.” I slightly move my face on the left side, glancing at her in my peripheral view.

Horikita only needs me to help her reach Class A. Nothing more, nothing less.’

She is highly aware that I'm an indispensable piece to her to achieve her dream, to be acknowledged by her older brother that is.