Chapter 2

Dear Dalila,
I know you're mad at me, and you have every right to be. I'm your stepbrother, and I left without saying goodbye. 

But I'm not little anymore Dalila, I'm in love with my new life, my new self.

Remember the first time you took me to middle school, we were both going to sixth grade, but I had moved schools and I was new. It was when I was chubby, and I was awkward, I know if was only for one summer, but it made me feel so much better that you were there.

Don't you remember Dalila, when we were young?

~

Xayn

It was about 8 years ago. It was Private school, West Olive, and everyone's parents were paying 130 grand a year just for their kids to get a junior education in the 90210. It was scary, and the only person I knew there was you.

We got out of the car after saying goodbye to our chauffeur. You were tall, like the rest of the sixth graders, except you never went through that awkward phase like I did. Your hair was an auburn shade of black, and your eyes stormy gray and bright with excitement to see all your friends again.

As I said I was twenty pounds overweight, and couldn't talk for my life.

So when you introduced me to my friends, I had thought surely that you wanted nothing to do with me. I was disgusting, and anyone who was sane ( no pun intended) would have brushed me off their shoulder.

After saying your hellos, you proudly took my hand and announced, "This is Xayn, he's my brother now."

Here that. You didn't just say brother, you said brother without the "step" that everyone implies.

"Hey, nice to meet you Xayn, heads up. The guys over there, there the lacrosse team. Go hang out with them, and you'll be set until high school." Davila, the once with the blonde hair and brown eyes said.

I nodded, not saying another word. And waddled over to the hockey team.

I know, I lost a lot of weight and was probably the hottest guy in school thanks to you.

I know I sound like I'm Conceited.

It's not every day that you get a five million dollar contract just to model in the Big Apple. I mean, I know I should have told you first, but how was I supposed to tell you that I was leaving when you were so happy.

I even wrote you a letter, I mean who does that anymore??

Love,
Xayn Mendes

P.S: You don't have to write me back, I'll be in Hollywood sometime this week.