Chapter XXIV

"Walz?"

"Yeah?"

"Are you okay? You seem deep in thought." Dinah asked, looking at Camila who was just staring out in the open, not touching her food.

"Yeah." Camila nodded, looking down on her food before using her fork to move the meat around.

"Okay, what happened?"

Camila sighed, looking up before she felt her whole world stop. It felt like nostalgia, or was it even nostalgia when it was the same feeling all this time?

A small smile crept unto her lips and cheeks when she saw the same thing on the raven's lips. She always loved her girlfriend's smile, it was always comforting, enticing. Camila found herself drawn to Lauren once again, as if she was just 16.

Lauren's smiles were always her instant mood lifter. The only thing about her smile was, it wasn't because of her. Rather because of some short haired brunette, walking with Lauren.

Dinah furrowed her brows, looking at how Camila was now stabbing the meat with her spoon and is looking ahead of her.  The Polynesian gulped, before she turned around.

"Lauser!" Dinah yelled with a smile.

Immediately, Lauren turned to her with eyes nearly disappearing as she smiled. The raven said a few words to the woman beside her, before she walked towards Dinah.

Camila nearly frowned when Lauren's gaze did not even meet hers.

"Hey." Dinah smiled.

"Hi, this is Mary." Lauren introduced, walking towards the other side of the table. Yet Camila was too focused on the woman looking at the raven with lovey duvey eyes.

'She's my classmate in one of my major subj-"

"We're partners." Mary smiled, Camila nearly choked on the meat she was chewing.

"Partners for the performance task." Lauren continued on, hands landing on Camila's shoulders. Which took the brunette by surprise.

"That's Dinah." Lauren smiled, nodding at Dinah's way.

"Sup." Dinah smiled, Mary gave her a warm smile before she looked at Lauren who was holding a silent brunette's shoulders.

"Hi, You must be Lauren's fri-" Mary started

"Dinah is her best friend. So she's technically like a best friend of mine too." Lauren cuts her off before she could say anything, referring to Camila as her

"Camila, this is Mary." Camila felt her shoulder slump, and a pit of annoyance running through her veins. As an overthinker, Camila was starting to feel irritated. Why was she addressed as just "Camila"

"And this beautiful woman here is Camila." Lauren smiled, while Camila kept her composure. Waiting for a few words more, not just Camila.

"The girlfriend." Lauren said, earning a smile from Camila. Lauren did not disappoint.

"The girlfriend of?" Mary asked, with furrowed brows.

"Dawg, what part did you not get? The touch, the compliment, She's Lauren's wifey of course. Y'all did not see her acting like that towards me." Dinah chimed in, shaking her head.

"Mhm." Lauren agreed, to which Camila smiled as she felt Lauren squeeze her shoulder blades in a calming manner.

"Oh." Mary reacted, kind of disappointed.

"Hello." Camila said, trying to hide the smirk.

"Hi." Mary fake a smiled.

"Have you eaten?" Camila asked, looking up at Lauren.