watching squid game together (requested)

"Are you nice and cozy?" Hoyeon asked, her lips brushing against your forehead as you laid your head on her chest and curled up to her on the sofa.

"As cozy as can be." You smiled up at her. "Now, turn on squid game! I'm so excited to watch it with you!"

She giggled happily and pulled the blanket over you both before pressing play.

The day has finally come. You finally get to see your girl shine as Saebyeok.

You've been her biggest cheerleader and supporter for so long and no one was prouder or happier for her about landing the role of Saebyeok than you were.

You've been impatiently waiting for the day you'd finally get to see the series and finally, it's arrived.

Hoyeon held you close every episode and you were so mesmerized by her talent, swearing that she was made for that role and no one else in this world could've played Saebyeok the way she did.

You praised her again and again, swearing that every episode was somehow better than the last and she couldn't help but giggle when you'd tell her to pause it so you could kiss her face and remind her repeatedly how incredibly proud you are of her.

Then, episode six came on and you were in tears.

Every death was soul-crushing to you. You shed more tears than Hoyeon has ever seen before.

She had to pause it to pull you into her arms and comfort you and she bit her lip, wondering how you'd react over what would soon happen to her character.

And not much later, it came on and you broke down so much that Hoyeon's heart ached.

"Oh, my love." She whispered as she rubbed your back. "It's okay."

"No, it's not." You cried. "Why would they do that to Saebyeok? It's not fair!"

"Oh," she clicked her tongue, chuckling quietly before pouting and holding you tightly. "Let it out."

"She was supposed to go to Jeju island with her family! This is even sadder than Ali's death!" You cried and she kissed your head, her nails gently brushing along your skin. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because you were so excited to see it, sweet girl. I didn't want to ruin anything for you."

"A little warning would've been nice." You whimpered, staring up at her with sad eyes.

"I'm sorry." She whispered, kissing your cheek. "Do you want to take a break from watching it? Continue it some other time?"

"No. It's almost over. Let's finish it. Just keep holding me." You mumbled, putting your head back on her chest.

"Okay, baby," she smiled and held you tighter than before, pressing play so you could finish it together, promising that she wouldn't let you go.