Chapter 4 - Death Flag

Chapter 4 - Nishia

Jisan POV

*staareeeee*

For some reason, this girl named Nishia is staring at me it makes me uncomfortable.

"Umm... what is it?" I said.

"What are you doing here in Mount Noa?"

"Huh? What do you mean?"

She sighed. "Adventurers are probihited to go here due to the disturbance of the monsters in Nion Forest."

"Adventurers?"

So this is literally a typical isekai, huh?

"So, what are you doing here?" She repeated the question.

"Well, i'm killing monsters to level up. I don't exactly know what's going on, but that slime named Rie said that i should go to Mount Noa if i want to grind levels." I explained. Her face turned into a sour one.

"That little slime.... i swear i'm gonna punch her if i saw her."

Her? So Rie is a girl, huh?

"Wait, you know Rie?" I asked.

"Well, yeah. We got dispatched here by the King Nihon to investigate the disturbance of monsters. The main culprits are the human bandits named "Death Flag", so the Guild probihited the adventurers to go here. That's why any humans that we will see here is considered as suspect. I'm observing you, you know."

No, you should not stalk anyone no matter what.

"Hmmm..."

I thought of a little bit. Human bandits, huh? Wait, did i saw something weird earlier?

Oh! The old footprints from the Nion Forest! They seem to be too old so i didn't paid attention to that.

"Hey, there are some footprints down there, but i thought it was unnecessary to look since it's old. I think you can find some clue in there?"

Nishia stood up with a suprised look on her face.

"Where did you see?"

"That direction, 100m away from the foot of Mount Noa."

I pointed the direction. Then, she got ready for leaving.

"Come on, just said that first!"

"I just thought it just now!" What an annoying girl.

"Anyways, i want to come with you. I may be of some help."

Nishia thinks for a little bit, then she decided: "Then, come on!"

From that, we ran from the mountain to the Nion Forest.

.....

We arrived at the spot. Then, we looked around for a little while and found it.

"Here it is!"

By my words, Nishia came to me. "Hmm... this is some human footprints. And it fits to the date of the announcement."

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"The king announced the disturbance 5 days ago. But due to the king so busy, it took 4 days to dispatched some investigators."

Ahh i see. Working as a king is such a pain in the ass...

"Then, let's follow this footprints."

We followed the footprints. It took a lot of time to get in there. And the last point is a cave with a sign "Do Not Go Beyond This Point" in it.

"A cave, huh? You, get out of here real quick." Nishia looked at me.