Prologue - Reincarnation

The forest of the Nion , known for it's habitat for weak monsters. That's the forest i will take on.
So, i know this was so confusing, so let's go back in time 2 days ago....

×××××××××

My name is Sakamoto Jisan, known as the nerd otaku in my school. I sometimes bought anime figures and otaku-things, but it always confiscated by my father.

One day, it was afternoon. The ring of the bell can be heard anywhere at the school, signing for the classes to end. However, i didn't noticed it as i hooked at drawing stuffs in my notebook.

I have a childhood friend, whom now i'm in love with.

Her name is Yakami Mizu, an average highschool girl. This may sound cliche, but she's the one you called "School Idol".

She's good at sports, good at studying, and a good looking. From that, everyday she receives a confession. From seniors to juniors. However, she always turned them down. And for some reason, she always sticks to me like a glue.

And that's because she's loves anime too, but she's not as nerd as i am. She's not the type to buy anime merchandise, but she buys manga tho.

And because of that, i envy her. How can she do that?

Anyways, i walked around after i got out of my little world. The skies are turning orange, and the sunset can be seen throughout the corridor. When i got out of school gates, a familiar face shows up.

"You're late!" Mizu said as she pouts
.
"Sorry, i got immersed at drawing i didn't noticed the time.

"Whatever, let's go." She pulled my hand, and we walked.

Today is the day the anime xxxx will aired. Mizu already read the light novel, so she's excited of what will the anime look like.

"Say, i like to go to the convenience store first, there are things that i wanted to buy."

I just nodded, and followed her. Luckily,
there are near convenience store, just 3 minutes of walking.

She bought a lot of things, from snacks to ingredients.

"Umm... that ingredients, don't tell me..."

"Yes, i will stay at your house. It will be boring if i watched it alone."

I sighed. I really can't win against this girl. She finally brought the goods to the counter.

After paying it, we've exited the store, and decided to take a shortcut.

Mizu is humming as she walks. It seems that she's really excited.

My mother died when i was a child, and my father runs a company. He's always not in home, so i live alone.

But that's not what i'm worried about, it's Mizu's family consequences.

Her father goes to a company, while her mother is an teacher from elementary school. But they are as strict as my father. They always lecture Mizu to not go beside me, because they thought that i'm influencing her to otaku culture.

But Mizu is so stubborn. Right now, her mother is on an 7-day field trip with elementary students, while her father is on 3-day work on Tokyo, so she's free till the day after tomorrow. But i'm still worried about her.

As i'm thinking about something, Mizu came up to me. "What's the matter?"

"No, it's nothing." I replied. I can't helped but smile due to Mizu's worried face. It's cute.

I liked Mizu since childhood, but i'm not a main character from an rom-com light novel and manga to confess so easily. Just thinking about confessing makes me flustered.