Flabbergasted

Gabriel was starting to regret recruiting Lila Rossi as his helper in his akuma attacks. He should've known that she'd find some twisted way to wrap him all around her finger without doing much at all.

"...and Marinette also pushed me down the stairs. She's a really bad influence, Mr. Agreste, you have to stop her from being friends with Adrien!"

"If she is such a negative influence on my son, why does he admire her so greatly? " He asked, overly frustrated with her incessant complaints.

"I don't know... Really, she doesn't have anything to be admired for. That's why I want to make sure that everyone who admires her stops admiring her after this plan. And for that, you've got to help me. "

She packed up her belongings and left to go to her house. Before leaving, she peered in from the door and said, "Trust me, Mr. Agreste, you won't regret me as an assistant. "

She disappeared around the corner.

Gabriel massaged his temples. "I'm already starting to. "

--

Ladybug hopped up by Chat Noir's side, running a bit late. He had a suspiciously big smile on his face and she could see that even with him facing the horizon.

The reason he was so happy was because he was thinking about Marinette. She had chosen out the perfect attire for him the day before and it would leave him looking just like his superhero persona. Though, he hoped that he won't look too much like his alter ego as he didn't want to put his identity at risk.

Ladybug snuck up behind him and placed a hand on his shoulder. He jolted and whipped his head around to face her. "Ladybug! I got startled. Usually, I'm the one to sneak up on you, " He remarked.

Ladybug smirked. "And you always fail. Gotcha, kitty cat, " she said. She pulled up her yoyo and nodding at Chat Noir, she swung away to patrol the city. He mounted his staff and propelled behind her.

After checking the whole city and the places where common akumatizations took place, they went back to the roof of Notre Dame and sat beside each other. Ladybug turned to Chat Noir.

"So, what we're you thinking about that gave you such a huge smile on your face, kitty? " she asked teasingly, resisting the urge to flick his bell.

He blushed and tried to come up with an excuse. "Oh, uh, just about, the masquerade you mentioned. It's a pretty big event. "

She nodded. "Yep. There are going to be gowns and dances and everything."

Dances? He hadn't thought about dancing with anyone upto the point where Ladybug mentioned it. Though, he would probably dance with Mari-

"...I just wish I could go. But I'll be there in spirit! Or perhaps, even civilian, " Ladybug winked. Chat Noir's eyes widened.

"I'm just kidding, Chat Noir. " She looked at him endearingly under the sunset. He glanced back, his expression softened.

She looked at the sky, which was in a orange hue, and got up. "I have to go. Bye, kitty! Bug out! " She swung away from the rooftop, from which he left a few minutes after.