Chapter 32

Took a swing at the wrecking ball,and
I prayed for my downfall,when
I found no way to reconcile
Cause in my heart it's not worthwhile.

Live a lie - Rival & Ezgod

I wasn't getting any sleep tonight. I checked my phone and it was already 3:47 am. I lay in bed looking at the ceiling. There was total silence apart from a few sounds I could hear from the back garden.

I wanted to extend my arm and pull Tiana into my embrace but what right did I have to do that. She hated me right now but I had to make this right. I would have to apologise meanwhile since I was being a jerk.

I got up from bed and walked to the second floor. I walked further into the corridor till I opened the last door, the place where I had kept all my mother's memories.

The room was small with a closet and a small table on the other end. There was a piano on the further side. Walking up to it, I examined it. Memories flashing back like a hurricane. Everything I had ever had with my mom which was taken from me came back.

You might think it was all sad but no, it was filled with happy memories. I sat down and played around with the notes remembering the one song my mother loved playing as I went on to play it. She had taught me how to play the piano but I had learnt the song first. Arms by Kristina Perri.

I never thought that you'd be the one to hold my heart..

My fingers played gracefully. I was good at this. I didn't need to think so much about playing the piano. I just felt every nerve of mine going with the notes though I had stopped.

You put your arms around me
I believe that it's easier for you to let me go

I hope that you see right through my walls.....

I played and by the time the song was done, my vision was blurry but I felt relieved.

This was a new day and I wanted everything about this day to go right. For Mia and for myself.

Maybe then, I would not hurt the people I was attached to anymore due to my pain of fearing rejection.

I stayed in the room looking at the happy moments I had with my family, the good days I had spent when my mother was with us and my father being loving.

__________________

I wrote a note and put in on the dresser for Tiana hoping she would forgive me. I watched her sleeping form one last time and left.

I sat behind my desk. To say I was nervous would be an understatement.

It was clocking to mid day when I would wait for my dad to call me to his office.

He had not told me what mom wanted to talk about but mom had told me everything. She had told me that she was going to come back with us but only with a few conditions. She didn't tell me the conditions and I didn't push her to. Being my mother, I trusted her more than anything.

Finally, my dad's assistant Kade came over and told me to meet my dad in his office.

I had my own office as I was pertaking online business classes since I turned fifteen making me legible to work on anything.

I stood in my office mentally preparing myself for this. It would either be for the best or the worst.

Walking into my dad's office, I looked around my eyes meeting with the grey eyes of my mother. She had a smile plastered on her face unlike dad who looked terrible. He had dark bugs under his eyes. Had a bad night, serves you right. I mentally said.