Chapter 12

DECLAN'S POV

It was Monday and I had to meet up at the park. I was going to miss school but I was sure it would be worth it. It had been long since I met up with her so I was looking forward to it.

I drove to the park and in a few, I was looking around for the familiar blonde. I saw her on the other side of the park on a bench.

I walked up to her and she saw me from afar with a smile on her face.

"Hey, mom." I greeted as I stood in front of her.

She gave me one of her beautiful smiles and gestured for me to go in for a hug.

We had our greetings and sat next to her. There was a comfortable silence for like twenty minutes till my mom broke the silence." Declan, we are moving back here."

It took me quite long to digest the new information. That meant I would meet her more often. Maybe also Mia would get to hang out with her more often. I am sure she would be glad to. "Wow mom," I was so ammused and had alot to say but still couldn't. " Isn't that great?" I smiled looking at her and she returned.

We caught up alittle more as I told her about my engagement. She told me that I would be fine and she wouldn't mind if I ruined it. She had joked about my dad marrying the girl himself.

She finally left and I had to drive back home. I parked my car in the parking space and headed inside. I went directly to my room and sat on the couch trying to think about how life would be if mom moved back here.

My phone lit with a notification and when I checked,it was from dad.

Meet me in my study room right now.

I walked downstairs to the other side and knocked on the door. My dad's cold voice called from the other and I entered.

I stood in front of him but he kept looking into his forms and signing different papers.

He finally broke the silence. "Aren't you going to greet me?" He kept his eyes on the forms.

"Welcome back." I said nonchalantly.

"I know you met up with your mom, son." My dad said but still didn't look up.

"And I don't care." I deadpanned. "The fact that you abandoned her doesn't mean I will also let her be. It's your fault that she left so you have no right to tell me what to do with her."

He finally looked up at me, "Do you still think I left your mom Declan, if she loved you, she would have fought for you but what did she do? She left Mia only eight months old just to be with her boyfriend."

"Don't talk about mom like that. You're at fault for everything. She left because of you." I pointed at him but he kept calm. One of the reasons I hated him during an argument.

"I just hope that by the time you open your eyes to reality,it won't be too late." He said and looked back down. "I am trying to do everything for you but wh...."

I cut him off before he could even finish. "Excuse you, you think getting me engaged to random people makes it like you're doing this for me. News flash! It's for your damn companies." I was starting to walk out but stopped to hear what he had to say which I regretted.

"You and Tiana are meeting up tonight for the monthly Company Dinner. You know how to dress." He said.

"Whatever." I muttered as I walked back to my room. I detested my dad so much. How could someone be so mean to his own kids. He should have never had us of he wanted to treat us wrong.

I sat in my room for the rest of the day scrolling and watching random movies on my Netflix.

_____________________