3.26

Clarke, Violet, and John were near a tunnel that would take them out of Polis. "John come on, lets go," Violet told him, but he was looking at Clarke. "We aren't leaving, are we," he said, looking at her, "not without the flame" and she walked to the tower.

"V, Clarke needs us; she wont be able to pull her plan without us," he said, looking at her. She looked at him, "Violet," he said, extending his hand for her to take. They were able to escape; they could be free, but no Clarke had to drag them with her. "I hate her lets go help her," Violet said, taking John's hand.

Quietly John and Violet followed Clarke into a Titus sacred room. "This is a great plan, Clarke," Violet said, looking around for Titus. "Shut up, Violet." She rolled her eyes at her, "Oh, look, that's my blood," she said, pointing at a spot on the floor.

"Give me the kit," Titus said to Clarke. "Ontari is unworthy of the flame," Clarke told him. "How dare you bring Skaikru into the Order of the Flame?" Ontari said, walking down the steps Clarke hide.

"It's what Lexa wanted," Titus said, putting the flame behind him. "Let's get this over with." "You must be cleansed before you ascend. Girl, take her to the Commander's chambers," Titus said, looking at Violet. Violet looked at John and at Ontari, "Sure, follow me."

Violet and Ontari were in the commander's chambers "how much longer," Ontari asked. "It depends once you feel purified," she said, saying the first thing that came to mind.

"Ill say I like what you did back there, killing all those kids' smart move," Violet said, looking at her with a smile. "So, you arent afraid of me." Violet paced, "Not really, no." Ontari looked at her trying to figure her out "you know I plan on killing your people," she said. "You will have to get in line for that," Violet said with a sweet smile.

"You are determined and have no fear, I admire that," Violet told her. Ontari gave her a nod. "I like you; its a shame you will die with your people," Ontari said, and then there was a knock on the door.

Ontari got out of the tub; Roan entered with Titus and John. "What is this?" "The Flamekeeper claims he lost the flame. where's Wanheda?" "She doesn't tell me many things I don't know," Violet said.

"Don't play games with me. I know she stole the flame. Where is she?" "She didn't steal it. I gave it to her," Titus said. Titus got Roan's knife and slit his own throat falling back in the tub. Violet looked at his body, drowning, she smiled.

"Announce my ascension," Ontari said after looking at Titus' dead body. "You don't have the flame." "Don't talk to me as if I'm a fool, Roan. No one knows that." "They do," Road said.

"My lips are sealed, commander," Violet said, looking at Ontari. Violet gave Ontari a small wink.

John and Violet help out Ontari make the ambassadors believe she had the flame. She needed to know the name of the dead commander, which she didnt know them. But things weren't going good no surprise there. Ontari gouged the eyes of Uzac after he said she couldn't be Heda until she said the lineage. Violet admired the young girl.

"You didn't kill him, that's a start, but Im afraid you can't do that," Violet said to Ontari, looking down at Uzac as he cried in pain.

✰✰✰✰

Violet and John were in the throne room with Ontari. The citizens of polis were making a line wanting to speak to the new commander. "Next in line, step forward," Violet said. "Spit it out; what do you want?" Ontari said from the throne.

"Only to give you what you need," said Jaha. "You son of a bitch," said John walking down the steps. "Heda, we have to go," Violet said. Ontari raised her hand, stopping her from continuing talking.