Chapter 27: Pain Overshadows Happiness

Izuku POV:

His smug tone and face when he said, "You can try," infuriated me even more. However, I knew he was trying to get me angry and sloppy but I wouldn't let him get to me. I took a deep breath, calmed down my emotions, and readied myself for a fight. "Ah, you're no fun," he said in a childish and disappointed tone as he reached for his back and brought out a machete. 'Of course, he has a machete,' I thought bitterly as I brought out my daggers in a reverse grip. Jason then said toyingly, "Oh, so the little boy thinks he can use knives. How cute." "I'll show you how cute I am when I cut off your head," I responded venomously as I rushed forward and aimed for the larynx.  If I could cut it, I could kill him, however, he was much faster than he looked. He blocked my attack with the flat end of the machete. I growled out in frustration. He was even stronger than he looked as well.

I continued to try and attack him with my daggers, but he was more skilled and experienced with the machete than I was with my daggers and kept on blocking all my attacks. Eventually, I backed away with a jump and was about to use my powers when I decided they were too good for the likes of him. I decided to go melee, which at this point in time I know was stupid, but I was emotional and not thinking correctly.

Anyways I rushed towards him and went for a combination of a jump spin kick, but then he grabbed it. However, that was the plan. 'I don't care it breaks,' I thought as I twisted my body, breaking my right leg, and hit him with a surprise knee from my left leg.

 'I don't care it breaks,' I thought as I twisted my body, breaking my right leg, and hit him with a surprise knee from my left leg

Now it may seem insane, but it was the only way to guarantee a hit on him. Anyways, in his shock Jason let me go, and with my left leg, I kicked him back while pushing myself back and landing with a backflip. I winced a little bit at the pain of landing on a broken leg but I used about 1/8 of my stamina and took out about a cup of water from the air and used it to heal my leg. Along with healing my leg it also gave me a boost of energy and adrenaline. Then I was about to continue to fight Jason when I felt strings tie me up along with Jason. It was Adrien's strings, but I had broken out of them once, and with the boost of energy and adrenaline I barely had to do anything to escape. Apparently, Jason also had an easy time breaking out and was not happy at the fact I kneed him in the face. He rushed at me trying to punch me in the face with I right hook, but I bent downwards to avoid it.

 He rushed at me trying to punch me in the face with I right hook, but I bent downwards to avoid it