Chapter 6: I Lose Family And An Arm

A.N I hope your ready for some death

Izuku POV:

The first few months after Naofumi's birth were some of the best of my life. Me, Hinata, and Sora would take turns caring for Naofumi. Hinata would take the mornings, I would take the afternoons, and Sora would take the night. While it wasn't easy trying to not scream at a baby to ask it what it wants, when all it does is cry, I think we managed. Well I did, Hinata and Sora were disasters.

Since Hinata would take the day shift it would take a while for her to completely wake up and properly take care of a baby. While she got the hang of it eventually, it would only last a short while, but I digress. By the time I had my time with Naomfumi he was almost always fussy and Hinata looked like all the life was drained out of her. She almost always said, "Take your nephew Izuku. Here is his baby bag and stroller. I need a relaxing shower. I may love my baby boy, but he cries so much." I would always respond, "It's okay sis, I will have Naofumi sleeping like an angel by the time I get back." I always delivered, when she asked what was my secret, all I told her was, "Fluffy puppy."

In truth, Naofumi seemed to love Amaterasu. He and Amaterasu were close. Naofumi would cuddle with Amaterasu and Amaterasu was his play buddy. One thought I had when looking at both of them was, "When you can't walk, ride your mighty steed." You see Naofumi somehow got on Amaterasu, who was huge for a puppy and started riding him around. To this day I don't know if he got on through sheer determination or pure luck. Anyways, what was I talking about earlier...oh yeah. Naofumi and Amaterasu playing so much made my life so much easier. They would tire each other out and all I needed to do was change his diaper and feed him. After that, he was sleeping like an angel. I even had to pry him off my dog a few times. For a baby, he had great grip strength.

When I dropped off to Sora, he would always complain. "Why do you have to put him to sleep? I have to stay up all night when he wakes up. Naofumi may look like an angel, but when he wakes ups he is worse than Z- never mind." I would smile and say, "Don't hate the master, hate the game."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

During those months Uncle thought me how to use my staff. While he didn't use one he said it was the same basic premise of his favorite weapon, the bident.

At first, he only taught me how to hold it and swing it around without hitting myself and almost dying. The process went on for hours. By the end of it, my arms felt like they were going to fall off.

He even went as far as telling me to summon and de-summon my staff and do the basics while walking so I could get used to the hand motions. At the time it felt like he was preparing me for a war, which in hindsight he probably was. Either way, I had fun during the lessons.

Oh and I almost forgot to mention that he met Naofumi. At first, he scowled at him and asked, "Why is that thing here?" "Hey, why so rude?" "I'm not being rude, it's just babies are hard to deal with." "Sure, what ever you. I'm going to let him play with Amaterasu in a playpen I bought for today." "Where did you get the money for a playpen?" "You would be surprised how much a sleep-deprived Sora gives you for baby food." Then I heard Naofumi start to fuss and I was going to get him a bottle when I realized I had no confidence in myself to hold him with one hand. "Hey Uncle can you hold him?" "What n-,'' I cut him off, "Thanks." I handed him Naofumi and started looking for his bottle when his crying stopped. I turned back and saw him holding one of Uncle's fingers and sucking on it. I expected Uncle to be mad, but he just softly smiled.

I crossed my hands and smugly said, "Looks like babies aren't hard to deal with." "Shut it, take this child back." "Wait I haven't found his bottle give me a minute."