Chapter 15: Living Means to be in Pain, and Being in Pain Means You're Alive

Izuku POV:

Leo, Mama, I were stuck, we were hanging upside down in a flip car and the seatbelts weren't working. 'Figures,' I thought. I was glad that Mama didn't fly out of the car because that meant the harpies couldn't get her. I jinxed myself. The driver's side door was punctured with 10 sharp talons and pulled off its hinges. One of the harpies then ripped Mama out of her seat. "NOOOOO<" Leo and I screamed out in unison. The harpies didn't listen and flew upwards with Mama in their feet talons and dropped her from what seemed to be 30 to 35 feet.

Mama screamed the entire way down until she landed and a loud crack was heard. The harpies then dived down and started eating Mama's legs and arms, with her screams heard throughout the entire block.

I couldn't look, there was too much blood. I turned to Leo and said, "Leo, I need you to burn off our seatbelts." He replied, "What if I burn you?" "I'm willing to take the risk." Leo just continued with his doubts and began, "What if-." I cut him off and screamed, "I DON'T CARE! I AM GOING TO SAVE MAMA!"

His eyes widened and then returned to their normal size with fierce determination. He grabbed both the main straps that had us trapped and ignited his hands and almost immediately they were burned off. We fell and started crawling out of the car. The moment we got outside the harpies finished eating Mama. Her leg and arm bones were barren of any flesh and there were holes in her stomach showing her guts. At that moment the idea of her death overwhelmed any of my fear. Leo and I rushed toward her and we both knew she wouldn't survive. She had already lost too much blood and there was no way that an ambulance would arrive in time.

Leo and I fell to our knees and cried while whispering, "Mama. Te amamos. Por favor no mueres." Mama just whispered out, "Aye, I wish I could stay longer. I'm sorry. Amo a los dos con todo mi corazon. Eat healthy Leo, and Izuku, tell Leo about Japan. For me." Then the light left her eyes, and all Leo and I could do was watch as our mother died.

The same day I lost Hinata and Sora I lost the only woman I saw as my mother. I screamed out in pain and anger and sadness. Then all of Tartarus broke loose. Every fire hydrant exploded and the entire block shook and surrounding me was a spiderweb pattern engraved in the pavement. Out of pure instinct, I gathered all the water that had now appeared and shaped it into 3 huge spears, and froze it in an instant. "I'LL KILL YOU 3," I screamed at the harpies.

I launched the 3 spears at them and hit them. "Bullseye,'' I muttered. The harpies then exploded in a shower of gold dust.

All my strength left me and I started crying, even more than I was before when I saw a drop of blood fall from my head. I looked into a puddle and saw that the top half of my body was covered in Mama's blood. "AHHHH!" I started to hyperventilate, flashbacks of Hinata and Sora dying and the events from now replayed in my mind. I started to shake and sweat while the world started to spin and I started to feel nauseous. I realized I was having a panic attack. The next thing I knew I fainted.

When I woke up I was in a hospital, with Leo sitting right next to me. He said with relief, "Hermano you're awake." I looked at him with tears building up and said, "Please tell me it was just a bad dream." Leo just hugged me and whispered, "I'm sorry Izuku." My tears just flowed down my face, but I didn't make a sound.

2 police officers then entered and cleared their throat and said, "Sorry, but we are here to ask you, kids, a few questions." I can't remember what specific question they asked, but the most memorable one was, "Is this your mother?'' They then showed us a picture of Mama's lifeless corpse still on the pavement. All I could see was blood. I started to hyperventilate again, I was shaking sweating, and nauseous and the whole room was spinning. I could hear muffled voices, but the most prominent thing was the EKG monitor's beeping. Then my world turned black once again. I woke up this time to Leo screaming at the officers in Spanish while the nurses and doctors were reprimanding them at the same time. I sat up and said, "Yes that is my Mama." Everyone then looked back at me, with Leo running up and tackling me in a hug. One of the police officers then said, "With that issue solved we must say something. The things that attacked your mother clearly weren't human. As such you won't go to jail and will be let off with a warning." The other chimed in, "When you 2 are cleared to leave we will escort you home so you can gather your belongings. We will then drop you off at your relative's house." "Who,'' I asked. Leo sighed and said, "My, I mean our Aunt Rosa."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

When we reached our house Amaterasu who was now the size of an American Alsatian, was at the door wagging her tail looking behind Leo and me to look for Mama. I looked at her with sad eyes and said, "Sorry girl, but we won't ever see Mama again." She seemed to understand and became what I would describe as depressed.

I went to Leo and I's room and grabbed a few pairs of clothes and Amaterasu's water and food bowl and her collar that she hated wearing. All in all, I could fit almost everything I needed in the backpack I still had that Uncle gave me.

Leo on the other hand overpacked and needed me to carry a few things. When we exited the police officers were going to say something about Amaterasu, but one icy glare stopped them in their tracks. "Get in the car girl. I know you hate being in one, but you have to." She didn't even argue and walked in, surprising Leo and me. She loathed cars, but I guess she was just too sad. Leo and I then got in and rode towards Rosa's house in silence.

While on the road I came to realize one fundamental truth, to be alive meant to be in pain, and being in pain means you are alive.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A.N In this cannon Rosa will not have a son or a husband or a boyfriend). Living with Rosa wasn't amazing. She didn't like me or Leo and thought Amaterasu was a demon. She didn't try anything as I would glare at her and make her plumbing explode. She would also try to indoctrinate me and Leo into her faith, which needless to say didn't work. Leo and I were able to live with it however, it was still better than being a runaway. At least until late November when one night I heard muffled crying and slightly louder moaning. I saw Leo being raped by Rosa. All I saw was red. All the plumbing and water in the building exploded and the walls started to crumble along with the rest of the house but leaving us undamaged. Rosa then turned to me with fear in her eyes. I stood there with a ball of water bigger than the room that used to be there and Amaterasu who appeared out of nowhere with her teeth bared. I whispered in a deathly calmed tone, "I am going to send you to Hades." She jumped off Leo and started to run, but I just encased her in the ball of water and watched her drown until Amaterasu decided to boil the water. We continued until there was no possible way for her to be alive. Then I ran towards Leo and hugged him, while Amaterasu licked away his tears. I muttered, "She not here anymore." After staying like this for a bit I gave Leo a pair of his clothes and told him, "Let's leave and run away." With his eyes still puffy he asked, "Where?" I decided to pull a Leo as I call it and said, "To NeverLand of course," while extending my arm. He grabbed it and said in a low tone, "Let's go." We grabbed what we have and ran west with Amaterasu close behind us.

So... How was it. Good I hope. Originally Leo was supposed to stay a virgin, but you can thank Makedonius for the idea. He thought i was going to do it to Izuku, but I didnt have anything special planned. At least until he asked, so Leo was the victim since Izuku's been through enough shit for now. Key words for and now. See you all on Wednesday. Tomorrow I'm updating my other story. Bye.