Chapter 16: Inventing a New Kind of Stupid

You guys can skip the first half of the chapter. It's just Izuku telling Leo about his past, but it is important to the plot, you'll know that halfway point.

Izuku POV:

When we left the ruins of the house, Leo had a look of sadness, fear, and anxiety on his face. He was obviously traumatized about what just happened and nothing I could say would help him feel better, and even if I did have something to say I would be a hypocrite. I wouldn't be able to put my own advice into practice so I just decided to keep on walking.

For about an hour we walked in awkward silence until I was satisfied with how far we were and said, "Let's take a break here. We can continue moving when we're rested up.'' Leo didn't say anything and just set his things down and started fidgeting with his tool belt. That was the calmest I had ever seen him and I was worried. I decided to sit down next to him and fidget with my ring. Neither of us said anything so I decided to break the silence. "This should be where I give an inspirational speech about moving on with your life and becoming better than you ever were, but I would be a hypocrite." Leo looked up from his tool belt and asked, "What do you mean?" I sighed and looked at the moon, "Japan." Leo said, "Oh," and looked down to his belt and continued fidgeting with it. I sighed and remembered promising Mama to tell Leo about Japan. "I guess I could start the day I was made" Leo looked up in shock. He never thought I would talk about Japan. "My 'father' raped my 'mother' so I was considered a painful reminder of that night. When I was born a girl came out, my half-sister."I was about to continue when Leo asked, "You have a sister, and how is she your half-sister?" "I had a sister, and while it is rare twins can have different fathers. Anyways, my half-sister was always the favorite and given love and attention. Meanwhile, I had no parental love and was looked at like a piece of garbage. I never minded, thinking that was how all-male twins were treated, but I knew that was a lie. I knew other twins and their families and knew they were treated 10 times better than me, but that's not the part that I don't like to remember.

After I turned 4 and was diagnosed as quirkless, I was neglected and ignored even more and every day I went to school I was bullied," I considered telling him something I wanted to forget, someone I wanted to forget, but I decided against it. I continued, " It was ok until grade school started. The quirks and hits got stronger and I got grey streaks in my green hair." Leo screamed out, "YOU HAD GREEN HAIR," in shock. I chuckled and said, "Yep. Anyways it was at the beginning of grade school that I started to do parkour. Everything was fine and dandy until an accident with a sharp rock lead to a hospital visit. I was in a 2-day coma, and when I woke up I had to be held down by nurses since I kept trying to leave." Leo chuckled and muttered, "Of course you did."

I ignored him and continued. "Eventually, I became a regular at the hospital and got really close with a nurse and her husband. I even took them parkouring a few times. Anyways, the day I turned 7 I meet someone I see as an Uncle. We met up every Thursday and complained about our so-called 'families'. He had to leave for a few months that winter, but I met a lady named Khione who I also got close with.

"When winter ended she left and Uncle came back. He, his wife, and his mother-in-law gave me few presents. They were my ring, my staff, and Amaterasu." Leo looked down at Amaterasu who I just realized he started petting and asked, "They gave you her." I smirked and replied, "Yep, and the nurse had given birth on my birthday. The boy was named Naofumi and I would take care of him every afternoon." I started at the sky, with a sad smile when I heard Leo ask, "What happened." I looked down and scowled, "On October 27 a villain kidnapped me, killed Hinata and Sora in front of me, and took my left arm. When he was done with me her gave the heroes a choice. Me or my sister, and they chose her. She got teleported to them and I was teleported to the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. The rest is history." Leo looked at me and said, "That's why you were so sad that day, but I have a few questions. How is your hair white, are Hinata and Sora the nurse and her husband, how did you and Amaterasu end up in Texas, and why are you telling me this?" I looked at him and said, "My hair is white because of something called Marie Antoinette Syndrome, and yes Hinata and Sora are the nurse and her husband. How I got to Texas, I don't really know, and I'm telling you this for 2 reasons. The first is because Mama made me promise to and the second is to show you shouldn't be alright. Mama was murdered and you just got raped. You have every right to be hurt and sad, and nothing I can say will change that and make things magically better. It will always hurt, but you have to realize that you can't change the past. You have to scream out, 'THAT'S ALL YOU GOT," and you have to keep moving forward because if you don't you will drown in your emotions and Mama wouldn't want that. She would want us to keep moving forward being ourselves, no matter who that may be. Remember we can never go back to 100%, but we can get as close as possible." Leo started to sniffle and hug me and said, "You told me you weren't good at inspirational speeches you liar." I chuckled and said, "I'm not." Leo scoffed, but didn't say anything and just kept on hugging me until he fell asleep.