Chapter 10: I Forcefully Get Adopted

Izuku POV:

Walking into Houston I realized one thing, Amaterasu and I had no more food left. While we tried to ration food it was useless as one of us was a dog that seemed to get bigger every day. At that point in time, she was the size of a fully grown German Shepherd. When I first got her she was one-third of that size. (A.N I am assuming monsters mature at a rate similar to normal dogs, but on steroids as they would have a hard time in Tartarus if they stayed 'small' for a certain amount of time). I had no idea what we would eat. We would either have to beg for food or go through the trash. I knew most wouldn't give us food or money and even if they did it wouldn't be enough for the both of us so our best bet was going through the trash. Still hated the idea. Who knows what would be in a trash can, I don't even want to think about it. But funny enough who knew going through the trash would be one of my best ideas.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

We had again been chased because of Amaterasu's 'quirk'. Who knew people hated quirked animals so much. Anyways to avoid a mob of people we had to go through a labyrinth of alleys. After a while, we reached an alley next to a machine shop/garage-looking place. I took a few deep breaths and decided this was as good a place as any to dig through the trash. A few minutes in I still hadn't found anything, but I still kept looking. Then I heard Amaterasu bark. "Yes, girl?" She started to bark at the machine shop. I was still confused, but then I smelled smoke. My brain told me, ''Fire. Run."

Obviously, I did not listen to it and ran straight into the building determined to save anyone who was inside. I may not have been able to save Sora and Hinata, but I'll be damned if I let people die when I could save them.

Running into the burning building I saw a kid around my age near the fire started and was spreading from. I asked, "Are you okay? Is there anyone else here?" "Que?" I realized that I never spoke English since I got here. I repeated the question but in English this time. "Are you okay? Is anyone else here?" "I'm okay, but mi mami esta atrapado en el otro lado de la puerta." "ENGLISH PLEASE!" "MY MOM IS TRAPPED ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE DOOR!" "Oh...OH!" I realized that if she was trapped she would most certainly die, so I did the only rational thing, I used all of the force in my body to try and bust through the door. "What are you doing?" "Trying to save your mom. HELP ME!" Then he, along with Amaterasu who I had just realized followed me help me with the door.

With all 3 of us, we were able to bust open the door. I saw an unconscious lady in the middle of the room with fire revolving around her and burning her in certain places. "MAMI!" The kid ran towards his mom and I followed suit. I grabbed the mom's shirt and started pulling. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" "SAVING HER LIFE! HELP ME GET HER OUTSIDE!"

He along with Amaterasu helped me drag the lady out of the building. Me and the kid a few cuts and scrapes, but through what we called luck, no burns.

When we were safely outside I tried to remember everything Hinata taught me about first aid. I checked her pulse and it was low. I did CPR to see if it would help. (A.N Don't know if this is how it works bear with me). It did not. At that point I was panicking, the scene was reminding me of not being able to save Sora and Hinata, but there was one key difference. "Amaterasu can you try and help her?" She yipped and did her thing. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! YOU'RE GOING TO KILL HER,'' the kid screamed while rushing to his mom. (A.N Not sure if this would work, but this is fanfic).

I grabbed him by his shirt and held him in a bear hug to stop him from moving. "My dog is healing her. I don't know how she does it, but she can heal with her fire." The kid stopped resisting and let it happen.

After a little bit, I said, "Amaterasu stop. Let me check her pulse." Amaterasu did as I said and I check her pulse and it was stronger but still weak. "Kepp on going girl, it's working." Amaterasu continued and every few seconds I would make sure she had a pulse.

Eventually, an ambulance appeared and took the lady away with us being taken too and Amaterasu being held elsewhere.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The hospital did a check-up on me and the kid, while the lady was being worked on. "It's a miracle neither of you has burns. What are your quirks?" I hesitated for a moment until I remembered America had one of the lowest quirk populations in the world. "I don't have one. Guess I got lucky." "Me too." The doctor was taken aback but went on. "Well, Leonidas your mom is stable. She might not wake up today, but she is alive." "It's Leo doc, and can I go see her." "Yes you may, and you jack frost look alike? You gonna go see her, I mean she would like to thank her savior when she wakes up." "No." The kid then interrupted, "No, you are meeting her. We are going to say thank you." "But-," "No buts, no follow me." The kid didn't even let me respond and ran. "YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE YOUR MOTHER'S ROOM IS!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

When the lady, who I now knew was named Esperanza woke up she would not stop saying thank you for saving my life, at least not until she saw my dirty hair and clothes and heard my stomach grumble. "You aren't homeless, right?" I looked away and didn't respond. "Well, then that decides it." "Decides what Ms./mom" "I'm adopting you." "WHAT!" "You obviously don't have a family because if you did they would be with you. I am not going to let a child live alone on the streets.'' "But mama we barely have enough money for the both of us, let alone this guy and his dog. I'm glad he saved you, but think about this." "Mijo that doesn't matter, with my prototype we will have enough money." "But mama-." "No buts."

I started at the scene in shock and said, "Don't I get a say in this." Esperanza responded, "Nope."

So how was it. Good I hope. Anyways see you guys tomorrow. Bye.