Making A Deal With The Devil

"Can we just forget everything that's happened up until now?"

I choked on my food grabbing the glass filled with water taking a sip to get down the food that stuck itself to my throat. My eyes met Naruto's and he seemed very unsure of himself at this moment. His breath was not too shabby, thank god I don't want to perform any CPR when we are eating dinner. His plate was as full as when we sat down and I don't think it's because it doesn't taste good. I'm sure I cooked the beef just right according the recipe. Before answering his question I let out a sigh trying not to sound too offended by his remark. What is there to forget? Our whole past? What happened in the hallway? The fact I left him for a "couple" of years? Forget the fact that he got diagnosed with cancer? 

"What do you want to forget?"

His lips were trembling and he looked down unsure of himself. Eyes never leaving the table once, not even once. It's like they were glued to it. I know cause I've always been good at reading body language, or so I like to think. 

"I don't know. Everything..."

"Fine why don't you get amnesia too then."

Why won't his eyes leave the table is it so damn interesting?

"Please don't try to be funny Sasuke" 

"Haven't I always been?"

He snorted placing his fork down onto the plate tilting his head up meeting my glance.  There you go. Why this sudden change of mood anyway? Because of Sakura's visit? I know he's been on the emotional side lately, but give me a break. I'm not good at helping people solve their problems. Probably because I'm always so fed up with my own.

"How would I know."

"True."

Another snort left his mouth and it was a bit annoying actually. 

"Funny how you can say that so callously."

"i'm sorry Naruto, but that's just how I am. I could you know, treat you like you were my most precious friend in the world, but here's the thing: I don't think you're my most precious "friend". To be honest I don't even know why you call me that after all the things I did that you want to forget so much."

His glare hardened even more and I complied doing the same thing.

"At least I'm trying to start fresh!"

Raising your voice won't solve the problem, believe me I've tried too a couple of times. Maybe I should try to be acting like the adult for once. Not just run away from my problems. 

"Do you really want to be discussing this right now?"

"Yes. What else is there to talk about? I want to know what you have left unsaid."

"Let's make a deal then. To uncover the unsaid. I answer two of your questions each day that passes. You choose yourself when you want to ask them and I have to answer truthfully. In exchange you will not object me."

"What do you mean object me?"

"You have to answer truthfully to anything I ask and do anything I say unless you have a proper reason not to."  

"What kind of deal is that!?"

"The only one you have available right now."

He grunted sinking down into his chair while pouting. Think long and hard about this one Naruto. It may be beneficial for you, but also for me. And to be honest I know how to exploit it to the greater.

"Teme..."

"I take that as a yes. Now eat up."

"I'm full."

Clearly not you haven't even touched your food. I looked at him in disbelief, but he just averted his eyes. Childish. I got up from my seat and took my plate into the kitchen and placed it in the dishwasher. Once I returned Naruto was still sitting in his seat looking down, so I decided to let him do just that because I'm just that nice of a guy. The table is clean and the kitchen looks good too. Now we can finally rest. I hate being his babysitter. Just when I was about to pass Naruto I felt his heavy breath on my hand while passing. I quickly stopped and felt it repeatedly. I heard it. I did not turn around to check what was going on because I already knew. He's always been such a sensitive person.

"Don't let it bother you. I'm sure we can start fresh."

"Do you really believe that?"

I thought twice before answering the question. This could be a trap I'm walking right into.

"Is that one of the questions?"

But who cares I'm already caught.

"Yes"

And I won't escape anytime soon.

"Then no."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know this chapter is short and I'm sorry! To try to make up for it I'll be updating before the week is over  ;) Maybe if you're lucky there will be some sasunaru going on 

Anyway I hope you like it and please tell me what could make the story better!

As always I love you guys! <3