𝑇𝑒𝑚𝑝𝑜𝑟𝑎𝑟𝑦 𝐶𝑎𝑙𝑚

He looked around the room perplexed. "You have furniture?"

"I have furniture," I confirmed.

"Why doesn't the rest of the house?"

"The rest of our things aren't here yet. I thought I would've had to sleep on the floor," I explained.

"Wait, you just got here, today?" He asked as he continued about the room.

"Landed 10 hours ago." I sighed.

"Hmm, I guess that also explains why your room's such a mess," he said. My mouth fell open as I took offence. My room didn't even look that bad. It was just a bit hard finding what to wear and doing my makeup.

He went to take a seat on the end of the bed and I kicked him. He fell and I laughed hysterically. I sat up and watched him groan.

"That's where you'll sleep." I huffed, folding my arms.

He got up and glared at me and I glared back until we both burst into laughter.

"I like you," he said and took his seat next to me.

"I don't know if I can say the same," I jeered. He rolled his eyes.

"Do you want to go on the balcony?" I started abruptly. "The view's really nice." I gushed. He nodded in response, his brown coils bouncing with him.

We took our seats as I gawked at the night sky. It was much better at night, even though it was a bit chilly. I was too focused on the star-like city lights to be cold anyway.

"Do you always invite strangers to your house?" He asked unexpectedly.

"Only those who are willing to come," I said and he smiled.

"Why'd you agree to come?" I asked with a duplication of the skepticism on his face. I folded my arms and sat back in my seat.

"You're the new girl," he stated.

I tilted my head and narrowed my eyes. "I'm the new girl?"

"Yup! I have to get to know you while you're still you before they convert you to Cobraism." He leaned back making himself more comfortable.

"What?" I said not knowing if I was crazy for not getting it or if he was.

"Our school's mascot is the Cobra," he revealed and I nodded, waiting for him to continue. "Cobraism is when you fall into the stereotype that is our school and become a mindless, self serving clone."

I blinked at him as I processed, but I couldn't get past the word 'Cobraism.'

Is it even a word?

"Cobraism?" I leaned towards him, eyebrows raised and eyes wide.

"Happens to the best of us." He shrugged. "But you'll be fine with me by your side," he continued with a grin and patted my shoulder.

I smiled back unsure before leaning back in my seat. "I've been to a few different schools, I know how they can be," I said after a few minutes.

"You've never been to Stonewell," he spoke with an austere tone. "It gets extremely intense when you're in a building full of geniuses who care about social reputation," He added, looking into the distance as if he was recollecting some faint memory.

"You were expelled from your old school..."

My heart stopped as the words left his mouth. How did he know that? I cleared my throat to collect the coolness I needed to pretend I wasn't rattled. "How do you know that?"