"Nothing. I was just wondering how come you are so lucky to marry such a beauty!" She laughed while marching towards me as all the tense atmosphere got dispersed and I breathed in relief.

"Old lady, you really gave me a fright!" He said while shaking his head.

"Ahaan. My lady looks like you have already tied him around your little finger but nothing surprising in that fact, that thing is running in their blood itself." She again laughed and caressed my head.

"Bless you, my child. From now on, you can treat me as your trusted aid and feel free to tell me if something happens-

"So that she would go and fill my mom's ears with all the happenings here," Indra said in a taunted tone as she glared at him.

"Why will I do that? Even if I do, it's for your good only."

"Oh please. Cut it out. I know you both, more than enough to understand what a kind of gossip queens you are."

I controlled my laugh at their banter and looked at the lady in front of me.

"Don't listen to his accusations. He is just being jealous that I liked you at the first glance itself. Ignore him. Just consider me as a mother figure and order me around as you wish."

She gave me a warm smile as I nodded at her softly as she held my hand.

"I know under what circumstances you both got married and I know it's quite difficult to accept each other but remember one thing, being tied up to each other itself means that you both are destined to be together. So don't go against destiny. Give this marriage a chance and try to work it out."

She said in a soft tone while looking ahead. Listening to her words, we both promptly looked at each other and as our eyes met, I was the first one to divert my gaze.

"Aish! Me and my talks. I completely forgot about the breakfast. Indra, come and sit. I will serve you both." She looked at me while serving the food on my plate and said," child, try this. I am not a bad cook and tell me whenever you want to eat something, I will prepare for you in a jiffy."

Smiling at her, I nodded and started having my breakfast quietly.

As I was almost done with my breakfast, Indra stood up to wash his hand and looked at me.

"I will be waiting downstairs. Come fast."

Hearing it, I stuffed my mouth with the last piece of dosa and hurriedly washed my hand. As I was about to grab my hand, I heard the chuckling from my behind.

"Oh. Why did you stop? Hurry up. Your husband is waiting for you." She stressed the word husband as my face had flushed into red at his remark, recognizing the teasing in her tone.

'Of course. Damn, anyone would tease you when you obey his words naturally like an obedient wife.'

I berated myself and left the flat without turning back and I was so embarrassed to even bid her goodbye as I could still hear her laughing.

As I went to the parking area using the elevator, I saw that he had already taken out his jeep and now talking with someone over his phone.

I walked up to his jeep and stood aside silently, waiting for him to finish his call but he gestured to me with his hand to get in. Nodding at him, I hesitated a little but nonetheless, I got in and took my seat.

As he finished his call, he gave life to the engine and hit the road.

"Sita ma will send you the lunch from now on."

"What are you trying to play, Indra?" I asked him with a doubtful gaze.

"Have it on time." Ignoring my question, he said.