chapter 17

Unedited

Unedited.

Target: 160 votes.

"

Can I tell you something? I know it would be so useless to say anything at this moment but still, I couldn't keep myself from doing this!"

Sudha Aunty asked me as I nodded my head at her and assured her with my eyes that she could go ahead with what she wanted to say without any hesitations and she smiled at me lightly before clearing her throat.

"First of all, I am sorry for doing the things in my own way but I am not sorry for this marriage. Do you know why? It's because whenever my son talks about you, there is this glint in his eyes which I have never witnessed when he talks about others. He seems so interested in your affairs but pretends to be disinterested." As she keeps on saying, I looked at her with a look of disbelief.

"True. As I interacted with you, I noticed the same glint in your eyes too whenever something that concerns him pops up. When you said those qualities for a girl who would make a perfect match for my son, I realized who could be a better person than you but when your mom said that you were already engaged, only I knew how disappointed I was at that moment. Later all these things have happened and by the twist of fate, I became your aunt and he became your husband."

"This is the very reason why I am so happy. I got the daughter-in-law I wished for. Even if my wish was fulfilled, I have this slight inkling that I have done wrong with you guys. I should have taken your opinion before rushing into everything but at that moment, call me selfish for saying this out loudly, at that moment, I felt like I shouldn't miss this chance at all.

"So I pulled you both into this marriage and I just hope that you guys will live happily, keeping aside all these happenings." She sighed while saying so and caressed my head slowly as I just nodded at her softly with an assuring smile.

"Don't worry too much. Whatever happened has happened. We can't change those past happenings. I will try my best to accommodate him in this journey."

When I said this, she hugged me tightly and once again mumbled a 'sorry'

"You love him..right?" She suddenly said pulling herself out of the hug, scaring out of my wits.

"What..what are..! I don't know what you are talking about?" I shuttered and hurriedly turned my back to her and pretended to adjust my saree plaits.

"Hehehe. Your mouth may deny it but your eyes say it all. Those eyes of yours carry the myriad of emotions and reflect the depths of love you have for him. So don't lie. I was and am still a fool in love. So I can gauge those things within a glance itself." She said with a smile while wriggling her eyes.

I just laughed as I couldn't deny it anymore and nodded at her softly, agreeing with her words quietly.

"Even you can see my love for him then why can't he notice it? Why can't he see it?" I questioned her as my eyes started tearing up a little at this injustice.