Chapter 15: Back Home

*Melissa P.O.V*

As the Mathin's mansion came into view, I remembered the first time I came here, the first time I felt myself belonging to a family, belonging to people who love me. I gazed from the car's windows, and I was awestruck again by its beauty.

We were right now in the car, after a long drive back from the airport. Yeah, the Paris trip had ended. I do feel sad since I wanted to spend more time in the marvellous city. It was a great trip. I spent a really great time, especially with Jason. Speaking of Jason, he poked my waist, making me jump in my place. I turned and glared at him.

"Why are you still in the car?" At his words, I turned around and found out Kath and Jared were already getting out of the car.

I opened the car's door and got out, before following Jason and his parents to the front door.

Before opening the door, Kath knelt down and picked a bouquet that peacefully lay in front of the door.

She read the name written on the pink card before speaking, "I guess that's for you, Mel"

I took the bouquet with a smile thinking who would send me these beautiful flowers. Jason stood next to me, wearing his confused face.

I smelled the beautiful tulips before taking the pink card which had "Mel" perfectly printed on it. Opening it, my eyes scanned the words:

Dear Mel,
Well welcome back! I've missed you so so so much, beautiful. I didn't know what to get you so I got you these flowers hoping you would like them. Call me as soon as you read this.
                                                 Ashton

A huge smile was plastered on my face as soon as I finished reading the card. When I heard Jason muttering some words including "beautiful", I turned and looked at him to find him scowling at the card, unknown emotions were drawn on his face.

He then looked at the floor before shaking his head several times, and walking inside the house behind his parents without muttering any word. My eyes followed his steps with confusion. What's wrong with him?

I shook my head before hugging the flowers to my chest and walking inside, closing the door behind me.

I entered the room and put the flowers on my desk before taking my iPhone and calling Ash.

I sat on the bed waiting for him to answer, and when he did so, I made sure to take the phone twenty inches away from my ear.

"MEEEELLLLLLLLLL" Ashton squealed.

I giggled before answering, "Hey Ash"

"I miss you so freaking much! How was your trip?" He spoke.

"I miss you to, Ash. It was great, Can't wait to see you" I said with a smile.

"I'll be at your house in fifteen minutes. I guess your hungry, so I'll bring you food. What do you want to eat?" He said.

I smiled at how sweet he was before answering, "Ash, no need to bring something, I'm fine."

"C'mon Mel, what do you wanna eat?"

"Fine... Ummm pizza?"

"Sure, see you!" I didn't have time to answer since he had already hung.

Fifteen minutes later, the door rung. I was amazed at how he could make it on time, and walked out my room, down the stairs and opened the door.

Ashton was there holding a large pizza box with a grin on his face.