A - kageyama x hinata

A Bittersweet Ending

Karasuno was playing Inarizaki in the semi finals. They were on their third set and the score was currently 1-1 meaning whoever won this set, won the match and would play against Nekoma.

For Hinata, that meant playing against Kenma and he couldn't bare the thought of losing. Not today. Not ever. The fight of the garbage dump was too big of a headline to let it pass so easily.

It was very tight between the two teams. Three more points for Karasuno and they would win. Two more points for Inarizaki and they would win.

The tension was palpable.

"Asahi-san!", Karasuno's setter, Kageyama, called. In an instant, the ball flew straight across the net, directly into the ace's palm. The echoing sound of the volleyball slamming on the floor ringed into every player's ears. Unfortunately, the move had been anticipated, and infamous middle blocker, Suna Rintarō, had been following Asahi one second early, making the ball slam down on Karasuno's side of the court.

The stadium exploded. Not good for Karasuno.

Their moral was lower than ever. Inarizaki was one point away from victory. It wasn't without saying that the young crows were all remembering the feeling of defeat they felt against Aoba Johsai a few months ago.

Anxiety was making it's appearance. Bodies were slightly shaking. Minds were blank.

On the other side of the net, the Miya twins were making a ruckus, getting on every single nerves of Kageyama Tobio, who was secretly, all along, playing a setter vs setter match. And seeing Miya Atsumu this happy and content made his blood boil.

"Kageyama, don't mind!", his senpai, Daichi, said as he slightly slapped his kohai's back.

The setter's mind was blank. Is this really happening?, he thought. Are we really on the verge of defeat?

Kageyama sighed. He made eye contact with his short middle blocker, Hinata's eyes screaming 'toss to me next'. Kageyama sighed again.

How many times did he toss to Hinata at match point and they lost the set? For the setter, it was too many times. But again, Hinata was sometimes unpredictable and could pull up amazing stunts. But still, if Hinata missed this spike, it would be the third years' last game, and Kageyama would not be able to handle the blame for having made a mistake by tossing to the little orange ball of energy that was his bestfriend.

Kageyama was pulled out of his train of thoughts with the blow of the whistle. The other team served and the ball swerved from side to side of the court for a few minutes. Eventually, a good receive from Daichi allowed Karasuno to perform their attack. Kageyama positioned himself to set the ball. Instantly, Karasuno decided that a synchronized attack was what would work best for their attack. Kageyama wondered. Daichi, Hinata, Tanaka, and Asahi, hell, even Tsukishima, all ran towards to net at the same tempo. Just who would be the best option? It had to be unpredictable so Inarizaki wouldn't be able to block them.

It all happened in a split second. The five Karasuno players jumped at the same time to receive the ball. Yet, Kageyama decided a setter dump would be the best option to destabilize their opponent.

And yet again, a second early, Miya Osamu was the one to precipitated himself under the dump, instantly tossing to his twin who smashed the ball on the other side of the net, taking Karasuno by surprise with their speed of reaction.

And that was it. The end of the match in an instant.

Victory for Inarizaki High School.

///\\\

"Kageyama! Listen to me!", Hinata followed after a raging Kageyama. They were in the changing room of the stadium now, ahead of the rest of the team since Kageyama just sprinted out of the gym after the final whistle blow.

"BOKE! THIS IS ALL MY FAULT!", the setter yelled, punching a locker as he did so. The metallic sound startled the smaller player.

"Kageyama!-"

"I FUCKED UP! I FUCKED UP! I FUCKED UP", the taller boy yelled over and over. He let himself fall to the ground, his knees brought close to him, his hands yanking at his hair. "I fucked up...", a sob escaped the setter's lips.

Hinata rushed to his side. This was the first time he saw his friend crying and he didn't know what to do. "Kageyama...", Hinata kneeled beside the crying boy. He separated his hands from his hair, holding onto them as the other kept crying silently.

"Stop it already...", he whispered, a blush dusting his cheeks because of the awkwardness of the situation. "It's not the end of the world if we lost. It was still a fun game and yeah, it's deceiving to lose after coming all this way, but things like this happen. It's not your fault."

"If I hadn't dumped-"

"Tobio, look at me."

Kageyama looked up at the smaller boy, shocked of the use of his first name. Hinata looked at the tear stained face of his teammate. "You shouldn't have to cry over something you couldn't control", Hinata said in a low voice, almost a whisper. "The twins are just two monsters who, for some reason, are able to do just whatever they want. And at that moment, they wanted to stop the ball from touching the court and they managed it somehow. That wasn't something you could have thought would happen, they are just plain crazy like that."

Kageyama lowered his eyes, allowing more silent tears to roll down his red cheeks. "Hey, now, now, don't cry, Tobio."

Kageyama gasped as his felt cold lips on his right cheek, right under his eye. Followed by a kiss on his left cheek, right under his eye. He looked up at the boy in front of him, so close now.

"Feeling better?", the orange head beamed.

Kageyama leaned his head up a bit, just enough to catch the boy's lips with his. Both boys closed their eyes, enjoying the loving kiss for a while before pulling away.

"Now I feel better."