Part XV: Finale

*Nick's POV*

Tori was breathing heavily, cold sweats ran down her body when I arrived. I didn't want to leave her this morning but she insisted that I should win the game and she will be fine.

Mr.Gibbson was with her in her hospital room, holding her hand. He mentioned for me to go out and talk privately.

"I want to ... apologiese." He choked and grasped my hand. "You were right. Staying away from her couldnt save her."

"Sir, I love Tori. Please let me be with her until ..." I trailed off but he knew what I was refering too.

We all knew that it was the end.

This was the moment we were all dreading for.

"Yes. Live. Be with her." He cried and looked me dead in the eyes. "Save her."

///

"How was the game?" Tori whispered hoarsely when she woke up. Damn, even tired she looked good.

I was still wearing my football uniform as I sat down on the chair by her bed to hold her small, fragile hand. "We won."

She smiled, clearly pleased. "I knew you guys would."

My heart clenched when she coughed. "Tori, I love you."

"I love you too, Nick. I'm glad you're here with me." She closed her eyes. "Thank you."

I kissed her hand. "Thank you for being the best person I have ever met."

She smiled when she heard that. "I think this is it, Nick."

"Don't say that." I scolded her but the tears crept up my eyes. "This is not the end."

"Nick, I can't breathe properly anymore." She confessed and her hands began to tremble. I held on to it and kissed her cold forehead. "You're going to be fine."

I knew I was lying.

"The side effect of dying is actually living." Tori whispered. "And the side effect consumes you slowly. You never realised this because you think you're okay."

I kissed her again until she peacefully fell asleep.

The next couple of days were a haze. Tori got worse and worse. My dad said that there was nothing we could do now. The swelling was too much and it would be impossible for a heart transfer.

I visited Tori as often as I can. Sometimes with Gus. Sometimes with Penelope or sometimes with them both.

A week after her hospitalization, I bought Tor some flowers.

She was too pale and skinny. Dark circles rounded her eyes. "Hey." I kissed her dry lips.

"Nick." She said with a smile.

I sat down on that chair again and held her hand.

"I have to tell you something." Her voice was quiet and tired. Her eyes were closed.

"You can tell me that later. You need sleep." I said.

"No." She protested. "I have to tell you now."

I waited.

Tori rolled to her sides to look at me. I knew that it was painful for her but I didn't stop her.

"I know this is the end of me." She coughed. "I want you-I want you to be happy okay? I want you to live, Nick."

"Stop, Tori." I said.

"I want you to move on after my death. I want you to smile everyday for my sake." She continued and stroked her free hand my face. "I want you to look at that one person you find someday the same way you look at me."