Part VII: Date

*Gus' POV*

My stomach was in a twist as I pulled up in front of the Gibbson mansion gate.

It was motherfucking huge.

Tori was already standing in front of the gate, wearing this beautiful smile again.

"Hey, you." She greeted me cheerfully.
I got out to open the passenger's door for her.

"Why, thank you dear sir." She faked a british accent as she climbed in.

I laughed. "You're most welcome, m'lady."

I also hopped in and drove down the street to the cinema.

"Gus, I'm sorry I canceled last time." Tori said when stopped by the streetlight.

I turned to her with a small smile. "That's okay,T."

"But also, I'm not really looking for a boyfriend." She continued. "I like you Gus, but I like you as a friend."

Each word was like a stab in my heart but I kept my smile. "Of course. This is just a friend-date, right?"

"Right." She nodded sadly.

I clasped her hand with mine and squeezed it. "Hey, it's really okay, Tori. Don't worry."

"I just feel like i'm giving you hope, you know?"

"No. I mean, sure I'm disappointed and all but I can handle it. So turn off that negative attitude until we finish this night, hm?" I smiled wider.

She smiled back but it wasn't sincere.

The "friends-date" was great. When we arrived in the cinema, the conversation earlier was forgotten.

We laughed as we watched the film and Tori practically ate the whole popcorns and nachos we bought.

The disappointment in my heart was gone, replaced by joy.

Thank god I met her.

After the film, we ate at the nearby chinese restaurants.
We talked. A lot.

I told her about the next big game and I even told her about Charlie.

When she heard that, her eyes became very tearful. "Jesus, that's awful. I'm so sorry,Gus."

I smiled apologetically at her. "I know and that's okay. I think Nick was the one who took it worse than me. To him, Charlie was his brother."

Nick.

I bet he doesn't have a chance with Tori either.

But he is Nick Lincoln. He gets everything he wants.

"That's so sad. And Nick really became that angry? I can't imagine that." Tori shook her head lightly.

I chuckled. "It's hard to imagine, I know."

"It's just, Nick? Gone wild?" She wrinkled her nose. "Doesn't suit him at all."

"Yeah, that was the only time he got mad. He's usually calm and shit like that."

We finished our meal and it was time to go.

On the way back to her home, I turned on the radio.

Ed Sheeran's Thinking out loud was playing.
Soon, Tori was singing.

She knew every word.

"Fancy him?" I teased.

"Who doesn't love Ed?" She grinned. "HONEY NOOOWWW"

I laughed so hard, I nearly slammed the break.

She tapped my shoulder, forcing me to sing along.

And I did.

When the song finished, she applauded me. "Wow. You're an excellent singer, my dear sir."

We both laughed.

As we neared the house, I took a deep breath and  tested the waters. "So, do you like Nick?"

For a moment, her face falls but as if she remembered I was watching her, she put on her smile again. "Erm, well, I like him as a friend."

Relief.

I feel like a douche friend, fuck.

I pulled up in front of her gate and opened the door for her.

"It was a great night, Gus." Tori whispered as we stood eye to eye, the giant metal gate behind us.

"Yeah? It was awesome for me too." I smiled.

Heartbeat was getting faster and faster.

"I really, really am happy that I've met you, Gus. I ... am thankful." Her eyes began to water again.

I gently wiped the tears that rolled down her cheeks away with my thumb and kissed her forhead.
"So am I. Goodnight."

I was about get in the car when Tori called me. "Gus?"

I gazed at her. "Yeah?"

"I-I lied." She whispered.

"Lied about what?" I frowned.

"About Nick. I like him more than a friend."

--

This has been a short chapter but I do hope you enjoyed it.

The story will end soon :)  .

Thank you for reading! Vote and Comment please ❤

xx SkyxNiall xx