Chapter 16

September 1979

"I ran into Marlene McKinnon in Diagon Alley today," Pandora said, pulling on her pajamas.

"Marlene Mckinnon?" Regulus's eyebrows furrowed, "my brother's friend?"

Pandora nodded, "I spoke with her, very briefly, she said your brother has an apartment near Chinatown and he's doing well."

"All the way in London?" His eyes widened, "he moved fifteen minutes away from Grimmuald Place!"

"I suppose," Pandora shrugged.

"I would've thought he'd move to Godric's Hallow," Regulus said, "never would I ever have guessed Chinatown."

"I don't know," Pandora said, crawling under the covers besides him, "it kind of suits his personality, as well as Remus's."

"Remus?" Regulus asked, "Remus Lupin? What does he have to do with my brother living in London?"

Pandora froze, "you don't me to tell me you don't know."

"Not know what?" Regulus's face turned red, "what don't I know? Dora?"

"Sirius is gay," Pandora giggled, "he's been with Remus for years now."

"What!" Regulus shouted before breaking into a barking laughter, "oh, Merlin, can you imagine Mother and Father's reaction to that! It's almost better he got disowned the way he did!"

"It's so obvious, Reg," Pandora shook her head with a smile, "how did you not know!"

"I had no idea!" He laughed, "it never even crossed my mind! The Lupin boy? Really? I would think he'd go for Potter."

"No way," Pandora shook her head, "besides, James only ever had eyes for Lily."

"Well that much I knew," Regulus said. "Isn't it strange that McKinnon told you where my brother is? With the war and everything? We're on opposite sides."

"I think people are just trying their best to forget about the war," Pandora sighed, "besides, we were friendly at school, she probably just didn't know what to say."

"Yeah, but if she told the wrong person that information she could've easily gotten my brother killed," Regulus frowned.

"Well then be grateful she didn't," Pandora extinguished the lamp, "we're not a threat to Remus and Sirius."

"But she doesn't know that." He argued, "should we warn them?"

Pandora shook her head, "that'll be too suspicious, I doubt Marlene is going around and slipping up around Death Eaters."

"Yes, but Dora, how could they know who's a Death Eater and who's not! You know I don't even know besides our family and their group, it's all anonymous, hell I wouldn't even know if my own brother was standing next to me at one of those meetings."

"I don't think Sirius went through all that just to join the Dark Lord," Pandora laughed, "I still don't understand why everything is so anonymous," she traced a finger up his forearm, "he's pretending he didn't brand you all with this godawful mark."

"Security, I suppose," Regulus shrugged, "you're less likely to be traced, less of a chance for people to sell each other out....spies."