Chapter 14

July 1979

"Whose dog is that!" Somebody shrieked from down below.

"What is going on?" Pandora asked, poking her head out her window.

Below in the gardens guests were gathering for the wedding that was about to begin, however, amongst those guests was a large, black dog, sitting politely, wagging it's tail.

"What's the matter?" Walburga Black asked from behind her.

"There's a dog down there," Pandora said.

"Just one moment, I'll have Orion take care of it," Walburga rolled her eyes, "rotten pests."

"No! There's no need," Pandora said quickly, "it's not bothering anyone, let it be."

"You'll have a dog at your wedding!" Amabel protested.

"That doesn't bother me, Mother," Pandora rolled her eyes, sitting back in the chair so her hair could be finished.

"This dress is so unflattering," Narcissa complained, tugging on the top of her bridesmaid dress.

"Oh, be quiet, Cissy," Bellatrix huffed as she pulled Pandora's golden hair into an intricate braid.

"At least yours fit," Lucrieta scowled, trying to fit her breasts into the dress. After the fourth failed attempt she groaned and raised her wand and cast an enlargement charm.

"You've got to be kidding!" She shrieked as the dress nearly tripled in size.

Narcissa hid a smile, "Aunt Walburga, I think Lucrieta needs some help."

Walburga Black sighed and went over to Lucrieta, her wand pointed at the dress.

"There," Bellatrix cast a preservative charm on Pandora's hair, "all done. Do you like it?"

Pandora held up a mirror so she could see, "it's lovely, thank you, Bellatrix."

She gave a tight lipped smile and quickly went over to her younger sister to help with her dress.

"Pandora! Hurry up and put on your dress," Amabel ordered, shoving it into her hands.

"Can you help me?" Pandora asked hesitantly.

"You're a big girl," Amabel rolled her eyes, "can't you see Narcissa needs help with her dress."

"Ok," Pandora sighed, "I apologize."

"I'll help you," Lucrieta came over in her newly altered dress, "this is a proper shite show don't you think?"

"Yeah," Pandora smiled lightly, "maybe a little."

"I know we were never to close," Lucrieta started, "and I know you would rather have Adora here— I'm sorry she couldn't come."

"It's not your fault," Pandora said softly as the ivory fabric fell over her skin, "thank you, for everything, Lucrieta."

"It's going to be weird not having you around, Lestrange," the brunette laughed as she zipped Pandora's dress.

"I'll be seeing you," Pandora assured.

"I don't doubt it," Lucrieta smiled.

Everyone was ready a half hour later and they were lining up as the wedding begun.

"Pandora, take that necklace off," Amabel ordered, "it's tradition to wear pearls."

Pandora grabbed the silver chain around her neck protectively, "no, I will not."