Chapter 13

July 1979- Part 3

"I'm going to miss you." Addie smiled, her eyes watery as she embraced her best friend, "I can't believe I won't be at your wedding."

"Im so sorry, Addie," Pandora sniffed, pulling away from the blonde with a sad smile on her face, "pureblood standards and all that, it's such a load of shite."

"It is," Addie laughed, "oh my Merlin, I can't believe you've actually graduated. You did it."

Pandora smiled.

"What am I going to do without you next year? It's Raj and Aditi all over again."

"You're going to do great, Adora," Pandora said confidently, reaching out to squeeze her friend's hand, "write? Yeah?"

"Yeah." Addie smiled as tears leaked down her cheek, "I'll see you around, Lestrange."

"Black," Pandora corrected with a teasing smile, "might as well get used to it!" She laughed, waving as she walked out of the Hogwarts gates for the last time, apparating as soon as she crossed the threshold.

"Pandora!" Amabel shrieked hysterically as she entered the house, "you are late! Do you understand how much we have to do? The wedding is in two days!"

"Sorry, Mother," Pandora sighed.

"Go try on your dress, one of the elves will fit it for the final adjustments."

Pandora nodded, climbing the grand staircase.

The wedding of Regulus Black and Pandora Lestrange would take place at midday on Monday, July 9th, 1979.

Pandora's was wearing a plain, scoop neck ivory dress. It was simple and elegant, paired with a pair of long gloves, a lengthy lace veil and an emerald studded tiara—a Black family heirloom.

"Miss looks just like a princess," Pippy, the newest house elf, smoothed down the skirt, "very pretty, Pippy shouldn't have to alter too much, no Pippy shouldn't."

"Thank you," Pandora smiled, looking at her reflection in the mirror.

"Can Pippy do anything else for Miss?" The elf asked.

"No, it's quite alright," Pandora smiled, dismissing the elf.

"Pippy will be back with her pins," the elf smiled, hobbling away.

Once alone, Pandora spun in her dress before sinking to the floor in a puddle of fabric, sobbing uncontrollably.

"What's wrong? Miss?" Pippy came back.

"Oh, nothing," Pandora sniffed, quickly wiping her eyes and pasting on a fake smile, "everything's fine."

"Does Miss not wish to be married?" Pippy asked hesitantly.

"Oh, no, not at all! You're mistaken," Pandora said quickly, scrambling to her feet, "I love Regulus with all my heart and cannot wait to marry him. I apologize I've just been...emotional as of late."

"Oh, Pippy understands, yes she does." The house elf nodded, "if Miss will stand still Pippy will fix your gown."

"Thank you," Pandora whispered, standing quiet and still as the house elf took in her dress so it better flattered her figure.

The door slammed open and Rodolphus walked in, chin up and proud, "leave us." He spat to the house elf, nudging her onwards with his foot.