Chapter 6

1975

"You're the lucky one, you know," Lucrieta Rowle sighed, running a brush through her long, chocolate hair.

"What do you mean?" Pandora asked, tying a ribbon in her curls.

"Your betrothed is Regulus," Lucrieta sighed, "Sirius is mine, I used to think I was the lucky one...but you've seen how he is nowadays. He will inevitably be disowned."

"But then you'll be able to marry for love," Pandora said, "wouldn't you prefer that anyways?"

"Why would I prefer love to a title," Lucrieta scoffed, "honestly, Pandora, sometimes I don't understand your jokes."

"I'll see you later, Lucrieta," Pandora rolled her eyes, slinging her bag over her shoulder.

"Where are you going?"

"Library," she said, walking out of the dormitory.

"Bugger, I'm late," Pandora checked her watch, hurrying her pace up the staircase leading from the dungeon.

"Sorry," she breathed, sliding into a chair at one of the library's tables, "Lucrieta was holding me up."

"That's ok," Lily Evans smiled, "Remus hasn't even gotten here yet."

"Oh, good," Pandora smiled, taking her books out of her bag, "how are you?"

"Good," Lily smiled, "how about you?"

"I'm just about ready for holiday," Pandora said, "although I'm not looking forward to going home, me and my mother alone is disaster. I just hope Rabastan decides to stay with us."

"Tell me about it," Lily groaned, "my sister is ashamed of me, she's refusing to come home for Christmas, she doesn't want her boyfriend to know about me."

"Oh, Lily, that's terrible," Pandora frowned.

"It is what it is," Lily shrugged.

"Hey guys," Remus dropped his bag on the ground, sat down, and immediately hid his head in his arms.

"Are you ok?" Pandora asked, raising an eyebrow at the scarred boy.

He didn't move his head, instead, just propped up a thumbs up on the table.

"Come on, Remus, brighten up, we get to go home in two days." Lily smiled, leaning over the table to tousle his hair.

"Mhm," he agreed.

"To be frank, I highly doubt we'll get anything finished here," Pandora said, "come on Remus, let's get you some hot chocolate, yeah?"

"Chocolate?" He picked his head up off the desk, looking hopefully up at the two girls.

"Yeah, alright," Lily laughed, "come on."

They packed up their books and left the library quickly.

"Dora! Dora! Wait up!"

Pandora groaned, turning around with a frown, "what do you want? Regulus?"

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"The kitchens," Pandora said.

"May I come?" Regulus asked hopefully.

"No," she shook her head, "you may not."

"Come on Dora," he pouted, "you can't still be mad at me."

"And why can't I?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Because!" Regulus exclaimed.

"Reg, 'because' is not a reason," she said, turning back to Remus and Lily, "come on guys, let's go."